Tube amps in the Office
Jan 2, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #48 of 49
I've gone through a few different tube amps in the office, and after a few weeks the interest died down and I get very few comments now. I started with a LD MKIII, but since then upgraded to a WA6 (along with a cheap Technics SL-5 to run vinyl with).

It does take up a bit of desk space -- but when you're stuck pushing buttons for as many hours per day as I am, it's a very justifiable use of said space.

Also, I've *never* had someone come up and start handling tubes while they're running. Not sure if I've got smarter, or less grabby coworkers... but where do you guys work where your coworkers don't respect personal property?

Jan 2, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #49 of 49
I have had a number of tube amps (RSA B-52, Cary SLI-80, TTVJ 307A) and tube CD players (PrimaLuna PL8 and AR Ref CD7) at the office. My office is very safe and I have had no concerns about the equipment walking off. The biggest worry has been the crappy AC power which oftentimes goes out. I brought in an equipment rack to hold all of the gear and headphones. The system really makes the day go by soooooo much faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back