Tube amp suggestions for Abyss 1266 Phi TC
Dec 11, 2021 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ChaoticBliss

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am looking for a tube amp for my headphones. Would like it to play nice with all my headphones if possible. Abyss 1266 (most important) , DC Stealth, Focus Utopia, Focal Stellia and Meze Empyrean. Budget would be $5k max preferably and not looking for anything used right now. Any suggestions for my short list would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dec 11, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 8
Hello, welcome to Head-fi. Your answer could be found in the The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread. You can search for Tub amps in the thread to quickly find out what other members have used or find that work well with them.

Dec 12, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 8
Try looking for a Pathos Inpol Ear w/ NOS tubes. Steve Gutenberg (The Audiophiliac) was reviewing the AB-1266 and reflected his Pass Labs HPA-1 just doesn't cut it. And the Abyss people sent the Pathos to him. And he was all high praises with the amp and gave a review instead.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #6 of 8
Hi all,

I am looking for a tube amp for my headphones. Would like it to play nice with all my headphones if possible. Abyss 1266 (most important) , DC Stealth, Focus Utopia, Focal Stellia and Meze Empyrean. Budget would be $5k max preferably and not looking for anything used right now. Any suggestions for my short list would be appreciated.

Thanks
Great amp Woo WA5 LE gen 2 at $3999 and Mundorf cap upgrade $5199. This amp is warm very tunable with all the tube options. Mine made every headphone sound amazing. I also had a lot of tubes and was getting night and day changes with each roll. More then enough power at 8 watts and gives you a switch to activate the 8 watts or use just 1.5. It's a full body amp that makes sibilant headphones amazing. The bass off this amp on the TC is top notch. I had the WA33 Elite and enjoy this one better.

Dec 15, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #7 of 8
nothiing

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #8 of 8
Within this budget, I would highly recommend Auris Nirvana. A second choice would be the Inpol Ear, it just runs a little too neutral for a tube liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back