Trying to find solution for listening to 24 bit/96Hz flacs in Car....market wide solution
Dec 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

danvolker

New Head-Fier
I am in project right now, where I am developing a high end music site, which will have some high end automobile sponsors...it already does. We have some excellent artists, producing 24bit/96 Hz audio for download as 24 bit masters in Flac format, or as 16 bit 44's in ALAC, Flac, and WMA lossless ( and anything else there is any demand for)...Grudgingly, we will offer MP3's, but will make a point of describing this as vastly inferior for anyone with a good sound system. Where I am hoping some members here can help---is in finding a way to get 24 bit music out of the better Android phones or I-phones...and into being amplified by the high end car stereo in a Corvette, or Cadillac, or Jaguar, BMW, or any other high end car with a good sound system( something that is being wasted by playing mp3's on it). Additionally, if you want to BUILD a big library of great music, why not have studio master type quality in every download, not just for the car, but for the high end home stereo ? Buying nasty I-tunes music is just a waste for the big home stereo library.....So the headphone users run a usb external DAC off their phones...this would work fine with my Galaxy Note 3, and many other phones....As the phone is the easiest way to SAMPLE, and to find and download new music, it is also the place to begin with 24 bit Flacs, which will be played both in car and at home or office. So far, I am at a loss to find a good way to get a 24 bit digital signal into a car stereo...the amps and speakers are of plenty of quality to show the difference, but the head units are pitiful in the source content area....Bluetooth limits you to around 700kps of bandwidth--not even enough to stream a CD--it has to down-sample to a compressed format , prior to streaming ( as far as I can tell, this is true 100% of the time). So while Bluetooth is nice and easy, it defeats the purpose of 24 bit music quality....How can we plug a DAC into the equation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back