Trustworthy PDA repair center?
Dec 29, 2008 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

iareConfusE

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, my dad has a PDA which needs repair (LCD screen needs replacement). I was wondering if any of you know any trust worthy sites that I can ship the PDA in to have repaired quickly.

I've looked online and the only one that seems to be worth mentioning is PDASmart. Has anybody had any experience with them? I'm almost completely positive that having it repaired by these guys or someone else would be cheaper than sending it back to the manufacturer (warranty is expired too).

Dec 29, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 5
Which PDA is it? I was able to open a Blackberry and swap the screen with minimum of issues. 4 screws and a clip to remove the screen on the 7280. You may also be able to find a web guide on how to do it. Parts from eBay.

You could also buy a used one on eBay and sell the broken one there as well. May be cheaper than having it fixed.

Dec 29, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 5
Its an HP RX3715. But yeah, I found some guides online on how to open up and replace the screen for some other PDA's so I'm just going to assume its going to be about the same for the iPaq. I'll just get a spare LCD screen off of eBay for dirt cheap.

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #4 of 5
It's been quite a while since I dealt with PPC Techs. They replaced the cracked glass on my iPaq 3600 series PPC. PPC Techs have been in a business for a long time, ever since I can remember since using Pocket PCs, and have been a long time sponsor of PDA sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back