Trivia Thread
Mar 23, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #498 of 505
Clint Eastwood played the character "Rowdy Yates" in the television show Rawhide from 1959 - 1965.

May 6, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #499 of 505
The united kingdoms thames river once was linked upto the sein and the rhine rivers, when it was landlocked to europe about ten thousand years ago, before that 'middle ground' being lost to the sea, now making it appear as if its an island.

May 6, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #500 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sure, its on her IMDB bio.

"Since I have fair skin, I have to stay out of the sun. I can't stand the sun. I dyed my hair red for a while during the 1990s but I'm actually a natural blonde."

Not seeking to flog a dead horse Quaddy, but this has never really sat with everything that I have known about Nicole (as an Aussie, we've had a lot of exposure to her). And, she used to be a redhead, as in this clip.

The following comment from the same bio helps clear that up quite a bit.

As a child my hair was naturally red, but since I was 13 my hair turned light blonde naturally. It's really strange but it happened. Ever since Chase through the night, the directors made me dye my hair red, as they all thought it suited me at the time. Even for Dead Calm (1989), Phillip Noyce made me dye my hair red. Now the directors and studios just let me keep my natural blonde hair.

May 6, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #501 of 505
smily_headphones1.gif

i think we are pretty much claiming the same thing.

i dont see what differs in our stance?

we are both using verbatim quotes from her.

she wasnt born blonde. fair enough. i never claimed she was.

BTW, what doesnt sit quite right with you about my quote above?

May 6, 2008 at 10:44 AM Post #502 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

i think we are pretty much claiming the same thing.

i dont see what differs in our stance?

we are both using verbatim quotes from her.

she wasnt born blonde. fair enough. i never claimed she was.

BTW, what doesnt sit quite right with you about my quote above?

For sure I'm splitting hairs here (no pun)

I guess it was just the memory of watching her as a teenager wth red hair, and then to read a quote where she says that she's a blonde. I was finding those two pieces of information difficult to reconcile.

Given that it's trivia, the subtlety of the issue is rather irrelevant. It's about me proving to myself that my memory isn't as bad as I was starting to think it was rather than disproving you.
redface.gif

It's all good.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2008 at 11:08 AM Post #503 of 505
yeah thats why i was suprised enough upon seeing her spout those words, as i think one of the first roles i saw her in was BMX bandits, where she was essentially red haired.

i am just about to sit down and watch the golden compass.

from the clips i have seen, she looks resplendent as ever with her blonde 'do'
smily_headphones1.gif

perhaps we should have a nicole-fi thread?
icon10.gif

May 26, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #505 of 505
The sound of a snore (up to 69 decibels) can be almost as loud as the noise of a pneumatic drill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back