Trafomatic audio PRIMAVERA
Aug 30, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #16 of 30
I was thinking about ordering Primavera, but found out that 811-10 is not in production anymore and nobody is selling it. I wrote to Trafomatic to find out how to get replacement SV-811-10 tubes and I was told that there is current production SV-572-10 tube, which should be a direct replacement. My other questions (expected tube life, possibility of buying 811-10 from Trafomatic, difference in SQ between 811 and 572) were ignored.

Anybody replaced SV-811-10 in Primavera already? Any impressions of SV-572-10?

P.S. As much as I love the Primavera design, it scares me just as much to be left with a very expensive piece of decor instead of an amplifier when the stock tubes die. And the manufacturer doesn't seem to care that much.
So I may understand you are not a moron, understanding much of the tube game is NOS, are you making the inference you can not buy any SV-811-10?

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #17 of 30
There is some difference between buying NOS 300B, 2A3 or KT88 because you want to and buying NOS SV-811-10 because you have to.

Svetlana's tube was made by one manufacturer in the 90s. I assume large stocks of SV-811-10 never existed and therefore it would not be as easy to find as other NOS tubes. I found one pair (not sure if matched) and few singles at eBay.

Anyway, can you give a link for a vendor with more than one matched pair of SV-811-10 in stock? I understand you know where to buy these. Or you were just defending Trafomatic?

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #18 of 30
There is some difference between buying NOS 300B, 2A3 or KT88 because you want to and buying NOS SV-811-10 because you have to.

Svetlana's tube was made by one manufacturer in the 90s. I assume large stocks of SV-811-10 never existed and therefore it would not be as easy to find as other NOS tubes. I found one pair (not sure if matched) and few singles at eBay.

Anyway, can you give a link for a vendor with more than one matched pair of SV-811-10 in stock? I understand you know where to buy these. Or you were just defending Trafomatic?
The rub is there are many tubes no longer in production. Your post stunk of unnecessary panic. You can find 811-10 tubes, pick your sources wisely. I'd avoid eBay unless you've already established running history and trust their stock.

I don't believe Sasa left a reply implying his amp was relegated to the bin. The 572-10 is a equivalent and from what I was just told a slightly superior drop-in.

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #21 of 30
It would be hard to believe that they switched to a tube that wasn’t compatible with the amps that they have already sold. Not only that, the
810-11 tube is used in some of their other amps. Basically they’d be turning their back on almost their entire line of products sold. If they did that, that would make them Apple. :)

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #22 of 30
Your post stunk of unnecessary panic.
And yours look like you have an interest in defending Trafomatic.

You can find 811-10 tubes, pick your sources wisely.
Either you can show a link where they are sold in pairs, or you can’t. Any mysterious remarks like "choose wisely" do not help the cause.

From what I heard, the 572-10 is a direct replacement, and the sound is almost identical.
Actually, that was my initial question. I was trying to find out if anybody at head-fi already tried SV-572-10 in Primavera.

Aug 30, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #23 of 30
And yours look like you have an interest in defending Trafomatic.

Either you can show a link where they are sold in pairs, or you can’t. Any mysterious remarks like "choose wisely" do not help the cause.

Actually, that was my initial question. I was trying to find out if anybody at head-fi already tried SV-572-10 in Primavera.
That's ok. As long as we've established your haste.

I help my friends. Help yourself.

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #29 of 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back