Tracks with best soundstage/ambiance in headphones?
Nov 27, 2022 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Alexium

100+ Head-Fier
Have you ever heard a track that made you think: "Wow, what is amazing soundstage!" ? Please share the tracks if you have.
I've had no such experience, even with binaural recordings. I know some tracks that are better than others, but still underwhelming. I wonder if this is the best headphones can do.

Nov 27, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #2 of 7
Have you ever heard a track that made you think: "Wow, what is amazing soundstage!" ? Please share the tracks if you have.
I've had no such experience, even with binaural recordings. I know some tracks that are better than others, but still underwhelming. I wonder if this is the best headphones can do.
Soundstage in what regard?

Looks like you've already owned HD800 which get praise for stage width, if driven properly.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 7
Nov 28, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #6 of 7
Soundstage in what regard?

Looks like you've already owned HD800 which get praise for stage width, if driven properly.
What regards are there? :) I'm up for any well recorded or unusually recorded music.
Yes, I've had HD800 for a while and was totally unimpressed with them (not HD800S / HD8XX - those didn't exist back then). I should hope they were driven properly: my equipment was EMU 0404 USB, O2, ODAC.

Nov 28, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #7 of 7
Yes, I've had HD800 for a while and was totally unimpressed with them
Speaking only about soundstage, an earspeaker like the MySphere is larger. So are some high end estats.

If you want a more traditional headphone with a speaker like soundstage, the Spirit Torino Valkyria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back