Towa Tei weird ass music.
Jul 12, 2001 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ai0tron

Banned
I got this cd "free" off of columbia house. Its called Last Century Modern by Towa Tei. Its rock solid proof that previewing 30 second clips of a song doesn't tell you **** about a cd. Because this one is an iradescent piece of ****. However let me tell you 2 of the songs are freaking ingenious. I dont know what to think of this group anyone else out there heard em?? I mean they suck ridiculously one song and then they pull out some sarcastic ass comentary on some aspect of modern society. Its pretty funny actually... But it doesnt change the fact that musically most of the songs just flat out suck. I was told I might like this by columbia house after browsing by the drum and bass artist Luke Slater. Whos cd I also got and coincidently it sucks as well. Both cd's are nicely recorded, especially towa tei. Luke slaters cd was done well but with chincy digital synthesizers. Nothing sounds better than an old analog, and nothing worse than old digital.

Other than Dave Mathews band the rest where classical. Why?? You guys say its well recorded which it is. But dave mathews is still a whiner. Like many of you I think Dave mathews band would be really cool as an instrumental group.

Most of the classical cd's I got sound compressed especially the ones featuring the cello. The best recording of cello music ever in my opinion is the FIRST release of Bachs 6 cello suites on Sony classical. The SECOND release is compressed sounding. Two fo the cd's I got were Evgeny kissin and Emanuel Ax playing chopin. Both of those are very nice. The kissin is on RCA Victor and Ax is on CBS masterworks... Now that I look at it I am not pleased with ANY of the recordings I got in this batch from Sony Classical.

Jul 13, 2001 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

I dont know what to think of this group anyone else out there heard em??

It's actually not a group. Towa Tei was the DJ for the group Deee-lite. He then went solo and has been doing pretty "out there" DJ stuff since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back