TOTL DAP with most functions incl. aptX HD?
Nov 24, 2017 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

scorp32

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I am looking for a dedicated DAP purely for portable use.

I understand that the best sound is subject to each individual's preference, so I won't ask on which sounds better. I think that most TOTL items will not have any problems in the SQ department. Also, I'm a believer in cables/tips/eq so I believe I can tune to my preference.

I would like some help in making a decision for a DAP. I have been using my iPhone (+Vorzuge PURE II amp) as a source due to its convenience, but I am thinking of ditching the phone + amp stacking and just go with a dedicated DAP > IEM. I have a Hugo (1) at home so no need for a DAC for now (I haven't heard the H2 yet, and no plans to).

As for functions for the DAP, I am looking for something that has the most functions (bluetooth aptX HD, good battery life, stable and fast OS platform, etc) + GREAT SOUND. I would like high-res streaming as well as being able to download offline. I have bought some Plussound bluetooth cables to connect my IEM's with.

I will be using Tia Fourte, Noble K-10, JH Roxanne's, Westone W4R, Massdrop Senn HD6XX.

Here is what I have come down to after three days of reading through the forums:

Astell & Kern: KANN or SP1000
Pioneer XDP-300r
Onkyo DP-X1A
Fiio X7 II
Questyle QP2R

If there are any other new upcoming products, I am willing to wait a few months or more :)

Thanks for reading and helping out guys! HAPPY THANKSGIVING and BF!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back