Total Bithead versus Total Airhead (from a newbie)
Mar 21, 2008 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

moogoob

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi everyone, this is my first post here.
smily_headphones1.gif

A few questions about Headroom's portable amps (I'm currently using an iBook G4 and a recently-purchased pair of Sennheiser HD280 PROs):
1. What sort of sound improvement would the Bithead's DAC have over the stock iBook headphone output?
2. Does running the Bithead off of USB power falter at all with higher-impedance 'phones? (I've got a vintage pair of Koss PRO 4AAAs that I recently got working again)
3. Does Headroom sell their amps through any distributors, or is mail-order the only way to go? In particular I'm interested in distributors in the Toronto area.

Thanks for any responses, and sorry if any of these questions come up all the time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone, this is my first post here.
smily_headphones1.gif

A few questions about Headroom's portable amps (I'm currently using an iBook G4 and a recently-purchased pair of Sennheiser HD280 PROs):
1. What sort of sound improvement would the Bithead's DAC have over the stock iBook headphone output?
2. Does running the Bithead off of USB power falter at all with higher-impedance 'phones? (I've got a vintage pair of Koss PRO 4AAAs that I recently got working again)
3. Does Headroom sell their amps through any distributors, or is mail-order the only way to go? In particular I'm interested in distributors in the Toronto area.

Thanks for any responses, and sorry if any of these questions come up all the time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi Moogoob,
Thanks for your questions & welcome aboard! ("Sorry About Your Wallet!")
smily_headphones1.gif

The Total BitHead's DAC is significantly sonically superior to the soundcard in your laptop's hard-drive w/o question. You should be able to hear a very plainly audible improvement with your HD280Pro headphones. USB-slave power should suffice, no problem -- but turning on the TBH's batteries will always improve the overall audio performance even via the USB connection.

HeadRoom currently maintains no dealers for any of our proprietary head-amps or DACs anywhere in North America or Europe. We handle all our own business exclusively through our Headphone.com website and ship anywhere via FedEx Express service or USPS

Please feel free to reply anytime if further questions
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/ Product Manager

Mar 22, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the swift response.
smily_headphones1.gif
Certainly answers my questions.

One more question, concerning payment. According to your website, you accept cheques and money orders. I assume I'll have to talk to my bank about getting the payment made in US funds, so in this case would money orders be the way to go? I ask this because currently using a credit card is out of the question (not because I have bad credit, but because I choose not to have one).

I'll eventually get myself a Bithead, one way or another.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back