Total Airhead and External Power
Sep 9, 2002 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

i8myBone

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently got a Total Airhead 4.5V.
I didn't buy the wall wart supplied by Headroom as i already have one of my own. My question is what voltage is optimal and safe?

I have been running it at 4.5V and seems to work fine however i have read other posts that allude to being able to use higher voltages with better results. Too scared to try it incase i fry the TA.

Also i notice a slight humming/fuzzy sound when using the wall wart that is not there when running of the batt. Any one else find this?

cheers

Sep 9, 2002 at 7:15 AM Post #2 of 4
i8myBone:

See this two-page thread for a good discussion on the new AH and TAH power requirements.

You may need to read it several times for comprehension.

In particular, note that the thread mentions that the wallwart must supply regulated power, and that it may be helpful if it supplies filtered power.

And just for the record, it should be mentioned that the AH and TAH power input is center pin positive for polarity:

(-)-c-(+)

My AirHead is silent when powered by either batteries or AC.

TravelLite

Sep 9, 2002 at 11:49 AM Post #3 of 4
I run my TAH on 9 volts from a 6 AA battery holder through a power cord robbed from an old walwart and plugged into the external power jack of TAH.

Sep 9, 2002 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by i8myBone
Hi,

Also i notice a slight humming/fuzzy sound when using the wall wart that is not there when running of the batt. Any one else find this?

cheers

Can you try a different walwart or see if the hum changes when you move it around. My TAHs are silent off the walwart. I suspect you are picking up interference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back