Toronto Head-Fi Meet 16/10/04 Impressions
Oct 20, 2004 at 12:59 PM Post #31 of 37
Give it a go then... if it is as good as your tube amp I might kill myself
eek.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:36 PM Post #32 of 37
I can't believe no-one mentioned my MP3 player... not even the guy that was listening to it for half the meet.
icon10.gif

[ok, so it wasnt half the meet, but it was a good long time]

Oct 21, 2004 at 4:09 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomek
my speakers are 6ohm speakers and have 97db efficiency, so according to the article it should be fine. it says that up until about 5.5 watts or so it has really great sound and low distortion with 8ohms, so I think for 6 ohms it would be about 7 watts.

guys at audioasylum said all i need is 2 watts.

i'm still gonna take a big loss on that tube amp though, but it's better than losing it all i suppose.

What you want is the full-powered version of my tube headphone amp, puts out 8W per side into 8ohms. I believe it cost around $130US plus shipping, and about another $40Cdn for all the parts upgrades. Oh, and $400 for me to build it and bless it with magical pixie dust.

Oct 21, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
...and bless it with magical pixie dust.

I'll trade you a couple feet of silver cable for some of that pixie dust.
icon10.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
What you want is the full-powered version of my tube headphone amp, puts out 8W per side into 8ohms. I believe it cost around $130US plus shipping, and about another $40Cdn for all the parts upgrades. Oh, and $400 for me to build it and bless it with magical pixie dust.

the real question is, how much for that nice enclosure!

Oct 21, 2004 at 11:47 PM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by chillysalsa
Oh please.. I can take the silver cable to the lab and dip it in liquid nitrogen to cryo-treat it.

At least that's something real!

Helium people, liquid helium. Liquid nitrogen is so yesterday, and we all know that helium is better because it's colder and it's also a noble gas.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomek
the real question is, how much for that nice enclosure!

That's included in the $400 for building and magical pixie-dusting. After all, I do need an enclosure to keep the fairy dust in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back