Tori Amos
Apr 26, 2002 at 2:39 AM Post #16 of 21
i quite like strange little girls too. its a very interesting album with interesting covers. i am suprised there are so many people who likes "boys for pele" best.. very suprised.

Apr 26, 2002 at 3:31 AM Post #17 of 21
Strange Little Girls -- haven't decided on this, yet, as to whether or not it's brilliant or boring. I think it is a little bit of both. The version of the Slayer song is sublimely surreal (the fact that she even covers it...), and the Joe Jackson song is almost faithful to the core, and yet still has Tori's footprint on it somehow...not a good place to start, but I would recommend at least hearing it once at some point, to decide for yourself.

Extremely brilliant live, though. Always has been, but I was particularly blown away by this tour. Quote:

Originally posted by insanefred
My girlfriend lent me an album by Jewel (Pieces of You) and I was amazed by how much the first couple of tracks sounded like Tori Amos... has anyone else compared these two? I really like that Jewel album, and it's available on vinyl, woohoo! Gonna be my next purchase, I think.
Andrew

I like Jewel! The only bad thing about the first album is that the "wrong" version of some of the songs are on their, so if you can find a version with the single versions of the singles as bonus tracks or something, that would be a preferable purchase.

Apr 26, 2002 at 4:44 AM Post #18 of 21
I dunno, I don't think Tori and Jewel sound that similar, though I do like both of them.

Apr 26, 2002 at 2:57 PM Post #19 of 21
i agree with dhwilkin.. on both accounts.
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2002 at 5:12 PM Post #20 of 21
Thanks for all of the recommendations! I bought Little Earthquakes, and so far so good. I really like this CD. I'm sure I will be "exploring" Tory more in the next few months.

Thanks again

Apr 27, 2002 at 3:09 AM Post #21 of 21
IMO, "Little Earthquakes" was one of the best albums of the 90s. Just an amazing piece of work. My second favorite was her subsequent EP, which had some great covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back