Topping dx3 Pro+ power
Aug 4, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 6
Yes it should be fine, I've tried the t1 2nd gen on my creative g6 and schiit magni heresy and it was fine.

Jun 6, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #5 of 6
I thought i should hijack this thread to share my enthusiastic findings about this budget combination i am using . So:

The Fosi T20 is good.
The Topping DX3 pro+ is great.
The Topping+T20 combo.....is a MONSTER.

1000019789.jpg

Using the dx3+ as a dac and preamp and the T20 as a power amp by taking topping's beautiful,strong and clean signal from its 3.5mm output to the T20's RCA input...gives me fabulous results . An overall much more powerful system...i can finally properly, authoritatively drive the DT990 pro even on the most silent classic recordings like the Solti's Wagner Ring cycle. I'm probably getting 30-40% more power than i would get from the dx3 pro+ alone and at least 100% more juice than what i would get from the T20 alone.

And the sound is great,no distortion that i can hear,the bass is even a bit tighter ,faster now on the dt990pro cans than what i would normally get with the Topping.

P.S. dx3 pro+'s rca output is much weaker than the one i get from the 3.5mm output.

Aug 4, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi Andjar, great post! I own a Topping DX3 Pro+ and use it for not only long listening sessions, but also for producing music. I have been wondering if it is worth getting a separate amp to use so your post is peaking my curiosity! Aside from power, how would you describe the sound of the T20 amp vs. the built-in amp of the DX3 Pro+?
Also, what is the difference in signal between the 3.5mm output of the Topping vs. the RCA outputs in the back and why have you chosen to do it that way?

Edit: I just read your P.S. That answers one of my questions!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back