Topping A90D, Singxer or Burson Soloist X3 or..........$499 - $2000
Oct 21, 2022 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

duffer5

100+ Head-Fier
Please help a newbie out. I have had my Oppo HA-1 for years (2014) and have recently reengaged into the Hifi hobby. I have the original Oppo PM-1 Planar's which I love. Brand New Focal Clear's for my dynamic cans and UM Mest Mk2 (iem), Shure se846 (iem). My source is a HifiRose 150b dac/ streamer/ preamp, etc (www.hifirose.com). Local music and Tidal streaming.

What HP amp do you recommend. Price range is wide $499 - $2000. I am willing to spend more to get more but can I get more only spending $699. Who would know better than this group.

My other gear is the Fiio M17 and the Hiby 2020 r6 dap's. Output Frontier studio monitors for good measure to boot.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1767 copy.jpg
    IMG_1767 copy.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 6
Singxer while it sounds great, doesnt have as much power as the A90D and Soloist 3x. If you like a more neutral sound, and dont care for op amp rolling then the A90D is your amp. If you do get the Soloist, definitely get the supercharger for it as it does improve the sound a decent bit. Also both A90D and Soloist have digital volume control for perfect channel matching. I would order those 2 and send back the one you don't want.

Oct 21, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #3 of 6
Singxer while it sounds great, doesnt have as much power as the A90D and Soloist 3x. If you like a more neutral sound, and dont care for op amp rolling then the A90D is your amp. If you do get the Soloist, definitely get the supercharger for it as it does improve the sound a decent bit. Also both A90D and Soloist have digital volume control for perfect channel matching. I would order those 2 and send back the one you don't want.
Super helpful. Thank you.

Oct 23, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #4 of 6
Curious about the Soloist GT. Is there that much of a performance bump at 4x the cost of the A90D.

Jan 24, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Curious about the Soloist GT. Is there that much of a performance bump at 4x the cost of the A90D.
Likely not. Your better off using the money saved to buy a tube amp and or another dac. However there's always exceptions.

But i haven't heard either so take that with a grain of salt. My opinion is based on reviews and my decades and thousands of dollars I've spent in this hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back