[Topping A30 Pro] - VS Jotunheim 2 / Asgard 3 / A90 (I don't care about balanced)
Aug 16, 2021 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

CT007

1000+ Head-Fier
I like the look and smell of this thing, but have no idea how the sound quality is. Seems to sound better than A90, but with a little less soundstage. Does it sound better than a Jot 2 and A3, also? The power from it is nuts, so it's just a matter of sound quality, and design issues.

Does it make the bass slam from big planars like HE6 and LCD-3? Is it silent with IEMs? Great with 300 & 600 ohm phones? My Asgard 3 isn't exactly making HE6se sing, but since HE6 is an exception, it may still be great for other planers like LCD-3. I am mainly concerned with power for planars around ~50 ohms.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 3
I have the A30 pro/D30 pro as my super clean setup and with RCA cables so I can EQ a tiny bit with the Loki Mini+. I've used with my LCD-X, LCD-2-CD and hifiman/MD edition XX for planars. The setup is so clean I can EQ the bass up 3-5 DB (or more if you wanted) and have no introduction of any distortion. It is clean! I have a different sound with my Bifrost 2 and Lyr 3, but that's what I was going for with the two setups. But the A30 is clean. The bass will sound exactly as the headphone can produce without any distortion. If the headphone is capable of slam, then the A30 pro will have no trouble powering most anything you throw at it. I haven't tried with IEMs and typically use my KANN Alpha or DX160 for IEM listening. I might say the stage is larger on the Bifrost 2 and Ly3 maybe...but for me it's hard to compare as the systems perform differently. Stage is still quite good with the XX and LCD-2-CB.

EDIT: You also have the option of Low gain on the A30 pro (if needed for IEMs)

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back