"Top audiophile experience" around 1000 bucks all included is it possible?
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #271 of 272
I agree with pretty much a lot of folks here. Only if you buy used which is absolutely fine. At the right places, not Audiogon used equipment is worth nothing. Mainly high end stereo stores. See, they are in the business of selling new equipment and reluctantly take trades to seal the deal on new gear. then in turn they often sell it for almost literally nothing. Very high end newer stuff is still never cheap but cheap compared to what it was new. If you look stuff 10 years old you can find the bargains. Check HI-Fi stores mainly. Plus often demo's are blown out the door. These are definitely the places to look. just keep watching until what you want pops up. Or compromise a little.

The bonus is the stuff is usually in perfect, like new condition. since the people that buy such things tend to take care of them. I still think $1,000 for an entire system is tight depending what you mean by full system. If you set at 5 grand, given the venues I mention I think you could put together a very nice system. For instance just to give you an idea on a larger scale. The system in our bedroom, having everything right down to power regenerators and mega buck cables. I have a total of about $40,000 into it every single thing used from stereo stores often with warranty. New the price tag on this system I guess is about $350,000.

So if you use that amount of savings relatively, yes you can do good for a grand but I think an entire system realistically(used) you should set your sights at 5 grand. Even I am amazed what I snagged here. Like for instance $15,000 cable for $250 was probably the ultimate deal here. People selling themselves often have more expectations so could not be a killer deal. On the other hand things such as DAVE are so new. However at the right time and place even that for instance can be stolen. Not literally, Don't steal lol. Some other things the bottom just drops out on them. Sticking with DAC's for instance I have seen the PWD(not upgraded) for $500. Not even an auction but actual price. Other than private parties that have ties to it home audio tends to be worth nothing used if you look in the right places. As far as high end HI-FI stores mostly what they want is to just get rid of it. Of course do not be "that guy" and try to negotiate something that is for nothing. Some stores will be deeply offended. :)

READ> YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!
Edit: I do not know the guy above. Absolutely do not do what he has said unless you are a certified electrician. The outside drop, a Master electrician. This is nothing to play with. You may have knowledge of electricity and not be certified by your state in which case it is still okay. However many people have hubris and this is most certainly not the place to apply that. If you are absolutely sure you have the knowledge or an actual electrician I highly suggest you do not mess with that stuff. The drop, you must be a Master electrician or the utility in almost every state. If you do not understand the NEC or do not even know what it is trust me this is not for you. I am just warning people this is a great way to die. A very painful death at that. Is he mentioning Shakti stones? If so I understand why he is providing such information on a public site. This is nothing you want to mess with! Not shakti stones, those are fine if you like them. I do not even argue their merits. Whatever you like in that regard. However messing with mains electricity is nearly certain to be leathel for most people. You have been warned by someone who is an Electronic and sound Engineer with 2 Masters and a PHD in the field. I am a certified Master electrician in my state and standing member of IBEW. So I think I can safely tell everyone if you just read that, Do not touch that stuff! This is very serious and your life which is indeed why I am making a big deal of it. He provided information which should be quite frankly stricken from here by a Mod.

Yeah I'm not sure how taping some stones to the outside of a box is any kind of problem.

May 21, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #272 of 272
I am not sure either but I dont want to take any risk about other people.... Perhaps I was a bit too much inconscious to send that idea without thinking that some others perhaps will takes some risk...I put the stones for example at the outside of the metal casing electrical cable of my house, then I dont think that there is a risk... But I cannot be responsible for any future incident then I ask for the removal of my own thread...

Yeah I'm not sure how taping some stones to the outside of a box is any kind of problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back