Took The Plunge
Apr 28, 2002 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

darkclouds

Particular about his Sméagol Grammar we thinks he is.
I'd took a ride around town today checking out some cd players and was quite dissappointed at the options available here in Nashville. Finally I stopped by HIFI Buys and was given a deal on a brand spanky new Sony SCD-C555 that I couldn't turn down.

Anyways, is there anything I should know about this unit? ...Team Sony?

Apr 28, 2002 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 7
Never ever ever touch the big red button.....
eek.gif

Oh, and it kicks ass. You should know that, too.

markl

Apr 28, 2002 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 7
You know what, so far, I'm not very impressed. Maybe I was expecting too much. It does sound a little veil and there's added simbilance compared to my denon 370+DI/O. I think there's a bit less bass also.

But then again, I've hooked it up and have only been listening for about 20mins.

By the way, there's no refund on this unit per HiFi Buys special customer sales. So I'm keeping the unit for good.

Apr 28, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #4 of 7
Yeah, these Sony ES SACD players are known for having a 200+ hour burn-in period. Hang in there.

markl

Apr 28, 2002 at 2:07 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks Markl.

I was just a little concerned since there's no refund.

Wow, 200+ hours huh! I don't think I've ever consciously burn anything in that long.

Apr 28, 2002 at 3:36 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
You know what, so far, I'm not very impressed.

The C333ES's SACD performance impressed me; its redbook performance didn't. I do hope that it's sister unit turns around for you. You'll have no trouble selling it if it comes to that.

NGF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back