Todd's Vinyl from Chicago
Jan 4, 2004 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
When Todd was in Chicago for the last meet he spent a some of his time searching for records. Well he has had some time to listen to what he got and I would be interested in hearing about some of his finds.

Jan 6, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 2
HI John,

I indeed did score some great vinyl while in Chicago. My friend ands web guy Tom took me to a couple of record shops but Fred took me to some killer places and then tortured me and dragged me out of the last place mumbling something about catching my flight. I'll finish that story later...

I scored 2 MoFi albums - Poco Legend and Al Stewart Year of the Cat. Got a Nautilus pressing of Little Feat Time Loves a Hero (great album!!!) a Jennifer Warnes Famous Blue Raincoat (sounds as good as advertised and was in great shape for $2)and about 100 more assorted albums. Fred and I went to Music Direct and I picked up the new Steely Dan , Beatles Abbey Road, John Mayer (my wife likes his stuff) and a couple of Jazz albums.

When Fred made me leave the record store I had to make a choice. Have the heavy albums sent or my much lighter luggage. So Fred was so kind as to send me my luggage and I carried 100+ albums as my carry on and luggage. Shure Corp. gave me a very nice DJ back pack that allowed me to carry about 50 of the albums as my carry on and the rest were boxed and put with everyone elses luggage. They arrived safetly and I have been listening to them ever since.

I got a Beatles White Album first pressing too!

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back