Todd just made me a happy camper...
Jan 27, 2006 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RightEarLeft

New Head-Fier
After lurking various forums here for about a month researching headphones for my new video iPod, I finally decided to go with the Grado SR-60's. Got 'em yesterday and am blown away.

For the record, dealing with Todd was fast, easy, convenient and cheap! I would encourage anyone thinking of an initial purchase or upgrades to utilize the services of the Vinyl (& Headphone) Junkie.

Thanks to all who pointed me in this direction, and especially to Todd who really made it an easy transition away from those crappy stock earbuds...

580smile.gif

Jan 27, 2006 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Since this is your first post, I am obligated to give you the traditional message:

Welcome to head-fi, and sorry about your wallet!

Now run with your wallet virtually unscathed!

Jan 27, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Congrats on the new cans! I just bought myself a pair of Grado SR-80's from a fellow forum member and I am really enjoying them. The only bad part is I am already thinking about what my next pair of cans will be? Sennheiser HD-600's perhaps?
600smile.gif

Jan 27, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
Since this is your first post, I am obligated to give you the traditional message:

Welcome to head-fi, and sorry about your wallet!

Now run with your wallet virtually unscathed!

While I certainly appreciate the "traditional" heads/ears/wallets up, i.e., beware of the insidious urge to upgrade prevalent on these forums, allow me to once again repeat my status as a "happy camper." The reason is simple. Please look closely at my nick. It is actually true. My "right ear left." As in gone. Well, at least the important part. That is, the inner ear.

Long story short, I had an acoustic neuroma in my late 20's. For those unfamiliar, it is a rather rare type of brain tumor. Surgically removed, with it went my cochlea, and, of course, the ability to hear stereophonically. Do I miss it? Hell yes.
mad.gif
The hearing stereophonically, not the golf ball sized mass growing inside my noggin. But it was a relatively small price to pay. And believe it or not, it has its upsides. As in being able to tune out nearly everything at will, including a nagging partner, whiny kids, barking dogs, etc., by simply laying the good ear on a pillow...
tongue.gif

Anyway, plopping down 60 bucks on a pair of cans for me was a really tough decision. In fact, I avoided the iPod itself for similar reasons, but the aforementioned wonderful kids came through big time for Christmas and I love it, and the Bose SoundDock they included as well.

So, unless somebody out there has a broken pair (as in one channel kaput that can't be fixed...I may be the only person around here who might actually be interested) of high end cans they want to get rid of cheap, I'll be sticking with the sr 60's.

Oh yeah, I should mention I'm blind in my left eye since birth. How weird is that? Neither "issue" has ever caused any real problems. But hey, they don't call me D Dogg for nothing. The D stands for Defective. And other than the bizarro ear and the eye thing, I'm perfectly normal.

Although, come to think of it, that could well be a matter of some debate...
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back