Todd is a guy you can trust
Feb 18, 2004 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sclemmons

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Grado SR60's for my 13 year old as an upgrade from his $20 Maxell's. I was prepared to go up from there, and even considered a pair of 125's to "share". Todd said "Go with the 60's, they will be the best headphones he has ever heard. Get the nicer 125s for YOU if you like" He also recommended simple priority mail which made it to Arkansas from Montana in 2 or 3 days! I thought, here is a voice of experience, conscious of my pocketbook, he is absolutely right, and I am glad to have the recommendation. I bought my own turntable setup, my tube amps, interconnects, speakers, rack and accessories, based on a long distance dealer recommendation, and had never listened to to any of it before it arrived. I know that sounds crazy but you can do it if you have a good relationship with a dealer you trust. (Thanks now-defunct Vinyl Valet!) If you don't already have your turntable and cartridge set up, Todd may very well be your guy.

Feb 18, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 5
Yes... Todd is da man. Thanks to him, I am currently checking out the XP-7 and HA-2. Unsatisfied with the two amps, I asked him if I could check out the HR-2 as well. He was kind enough to agree. At the end of the day, I'll pick one amp out of the 3.

I might even return all 3 amps because I'll be special ordering a 220v version.

How many other audio dealers over the internet - or for that matter, regular brick & mortar dealers - would let you do something like that?!!

600smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
cool.gif
600smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
cool.gif

PS - But, Todd man, you really need to work on the TTVJ webpage a bit. It doesn't reflect the professionalism of your real-world services.

Feb 21, 2004 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Ticky
Yes... Todd is da man. Thanks to him, I am currently checking out the XP-7 and HA-2. Unsatisfied with the two amps, I asked him if I could check out the HR-2 as well. He was kind enough to agree. At the end of the day, I'll pick one amp out of the 3.

How many other audio dealers over the internet - or for that matter, regular brick & mortar dealers - would let you do something like that?!!

No one else would like you do that, that's why HE is TODD!
And that's why the dealers are simply that, just dealers.

Thanks to TODD, I have an HR-2 on the way!
biggrin.gif

Thank you Todd and everyone here for pushing me into this...

Audiophiledom is fun when you have a dealer like Todd to walk you through it.

BANGPOD

Feb 21, 2004 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 5
How much can you really trust a guy who lives in Montana? Do they have any beaches in Montana? When is the last time you seen a Montana girl in a bikini ? When is the last time you seen ANY girls in Montana? What kinda vinyl is Todd Really into? I don't think we're talking records here. Montana,Canada.....they're the same place if you ask me. You can't trust those Canadians at all. Just thought I'd make you guys aware.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2004 at 3:53 AM Post #5 of 5
todd risks his hearing every day for us by auditioning unknown gear, please keep this in mind before organizing a lynching party, and also, remember, he can not help it, he is a junkie, and needs our compassion.

little known facts about todd:
he was an 8 track addict until 1992 when he spent 6 months
in a recovery program. this led to his current condition.
he actually has a rare disease that does not allow him to ******** anyone about matters relating to audio (or much else for that matter). this can get boring but at least it's predictable...
i once BEGGED him to sell me some snakeoil enclosed speaker cables but he refused and recommended a good therapist instead. (its helped a little).
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back