Tips for buying used Audeze LCD headphones.
Dec 1, 2014 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jeb Listens

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, 

Well I've decided I would like the Audeze LCD-2 to be my next set of headphones.

I'll need to acquire a used pair and just wondered if anybody would be able to offer any advice or tips on what to look out for when doing so and also what would be a sensible price to pay?

Other than checking that the seller is reputable and the condition looks good in the pictures are there any other questions to ask the seller to check they are in good working/cosmetic order?

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Jeb.

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #2 of 5
Audeze has been continuously tweaking the design, and there are differences based on exactly when they were produced. So, you might ask what specific version they are. IMHO, the newer the better. Any other questions are not really specific to the Audeze, but to any headphone purchase: Are there any issues with channel imbalance? Any cracks or separations in the cable or at the cable stress points? Any issues with noise, cutouts or crackling when the cable is moved or wiggled? Do they come from a smoke-free home? Are there any unusual odors or smells on the headphones?

:)

Dec 1, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #3 of 5

Thanks billybob, thats a great help.  

Fortunately, being such a beautiful product It seems like the majority of LCD owners have cherished their headphones!  

In terms of a specific version, buying in the UK the choice is more limited.  I'd like to aim at least for the Rev. 2 but the newer Fazor version would be a bonus.

Buying from the US is an option but often the saving is cancelled out by the customs and shipping charges.   I'm looking out for a good deal. 

Thanks again, 

Jeb    
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #4 of 5
One more: Does the current owner use any hair gels or mousse? :p Only half-kidding on this one, it would probably offend the seller, but it would be nice to know!

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #5 of 5
Indeed!

.....and how often they scrub their ears

..... do they always wash their hands

I get curious about these things too but sometimes its probably best not to know. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back