Time Dispel Myth Cable
Apr 28, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #31 of 32
My Oppo PM-1s work well directly out of a phone or amped. And you don't need a fancy cable. The Chinese knock off cable at Amazon works perfect.

Apr 29, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #32 of 32
The time has cometh...
And gone-eth! Audiophile cables have been around for about half a century, why do you think the “time has cometh” now? Don’t you think anyone has done any proper testing after ~50 years? Of course they have, this “question” was answered decades ago!
PurpleSE
cable_purplese.jpg
I realise this probably isn’t to scale but you stated “earphones”, what sort of earphones are these? What earphones are you using that have 3 earphones which are about 5ft apart from each other, with the centre earphone about 10ft in front of your head and the other two about 12ft in front? I’ve never heard of such earphones!

Or:
These are actually normal earphones, with two earphones that you wear in/over your ears and your little diagram is not representing what’s actually happening but something completely different, your “hearing experience”, which is just a trick of your perception!
If this is the case, how do you know that the difference you heard between cables wasn’t also just a trick of your perception?

So either you have the most bizarre earphones ever invented or you completely wasted your time because you have no idea whether the different cables produce any audible difference or you just have a different perception of them.
They will stick their fingers to their ears, singing "la la la la" whenever hearing anything not fitting their world view anyway.
Of course we will. If anything to do with sound/audio does not fit the proven science (“our world view” in this subforum), then sticking our fingers in our ears or better still, calling BS is of course what we’re going to do.

What do you think we should do in a sound science forum, cry “yes it’s a miracle” every time someone comes here spouting nothing but falsehoods, fallacies or marketing BS?
Now, if the sound can go down, can go up?
Not without breaking the laws of thermodynamics!
But the fact that it can go down already dispels the idea "zero difference."
What idea of zero difference?
The “idea”, in science, engineering and this subforum of “zero difference” is actually the idea of zero audible difference between different cables that are both functioning correctly, both of roughly the same length and both using connectors and having a gauge appropriate for the task.

Unless this is also your idea of “zero difference”, then your “fact” dispels an idea that no one holds and is therefore pointless.
Whether it can go "up" is something I'll remain curious and test for myself when there is a chance.
Good luck. If you test and find it can go “up”, either you’ve completely messed-up the test or you’ll earn yourself a Nobel Prize, have solved the world’s energy problem and will become fabulously wealthy.

G

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back