Ticket prices
Mar 14, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
100+ euro for Dire Straits? I don't think that euro was even born last time they were touring. I don't ot that often, but I would would gladly pay that and more to see them live.
wink.gif

No, 100+ euros for The Police (that reunion thing), I'm crazy enough to pay such an amount for some bands, like Dire Straits, if I can have decent sound. And that's not the case usually.

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #17 of 21
About those ticketmaster fees, offcourse like Erik already said, it's about their monopoly; they take the fees because they can, simply because they can, and can get away with it.

It's the same reason fast food restaurants make crap food on such large scale (because they can and it sells)
It's the same reason why Monster can keep making mediocre sounding headphones with ridiculous prices (because they can; it sells for those prices)

It's profit, they simply want to make as much of it as possible. And still the concert halls are full at the big concerts, so they keep on doing it, because it sells, because the people reinforce it.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #18 of 21
sadly, the most over-rated and under-performing acts (live) seem to command the most inflated ticket prices. specifically I am thinking of two ends of the spectrum here: pop stars of the month, who couldn't carry a song without auto-tune and playback technology, and the manic boomer bands that keep rolling around stages everywhere, Stones or CSNY or whoever they are - those who loved their music when it first came out (for much less per LP than people now pay for a bad seat miles away from a big light-show on stage) will shell out hundreds and hundreds of dollars for individual tickets. now bob dylan is on the road again. I like many of his songs from way back, but live he is a huge disappointment, and I would not attend even if it was free, to hear him mangle his own songs into unrecognizable and unpalatable noise.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #19 of 21
I purchased tickets for Elvis Costello at the Wang Theater in Boston just the other day. I bought them directly through their website, and still got whacked with fees. I think it worked out to about $15 in fees per ticket. What really got me was the $2 fee for will call.
angry_face.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #20 of 21
The best way still is to purchase tickets a the box office. But of course that's not always possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back