this this one - wunjo
Nov 6, 2001 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lucien

100+ Head-Fier
okay guys -

i doubt many of you will ever get to hear this group, as they seem to spend most of their time busking in fremantle, western australia. there are some cds released though, so if you ever get the chance, try out...

wunjo

the main guy's name is trent humphries, and he also does some solo music. anything you can get your hands on, buy it. most likely you'll have to be in australia.

he plays the dulcimer, i think. whatever it is, it's quite unlike anything i've heard before. seeing him live is awesome - he sits with his weird instrument and toys with a drum synth and some looping equipment. works them like a master.

i buy a cd from him anytime i see him, but i haven't lately. so i thought i'd give everyone a heads up - make sure you give it a listen if you get the chance.

sounds amazing on headphones too.

the only link i can find is http://members.iinet.net.au/~cybacolt/wunjo/

lucien

Nov 7, 2001 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 3
My late great uncle made and played dulcimers. We used to go up there and see his new ones a couple times every year... I might have to see if I can find this CD, it's a very pretty instrument
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2001 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 3
if you find somehwere you canbuy it, please post it, as i would like a way of getting more without having to rely on bumping into trent humphries in fremantle once in a while.

next time i see him though i'll be sure to ask where i can buy his stuff.

you won't be disappointed with it if you like the dulcimer. i'd try bala first if i were you - it's one of two albums i have, and the one i prefer.

luce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back