ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Sep 10, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #3,046 of 4,754
No matter what I tried Neutron and Poweramp don't work with my M11+

I never tried UAPPs PEQ, I will buy it now and test it (it has only 5 frequencies to fiddle with) 🙄

Yes Neutron PEQ is amazing

Edit:
Bought UAPPs PEQ.
I'm not happy with the results, if I add 2-3 dB at around 175-200hz It mufflles the higher frequencies and reduces the volume...

SQ of the UAPP and Neutron are very similar (both great) but Neutron has an edge with PEQ.
May be something wrong, it doesn't happen to me. Have you enabled Auto Gain?

Anyway Neutron PEQ is very big with customization. But I do enjoy my Cowon PM2 EQ + BBE + Mach3bass better than Neutron or UAPP.

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #3,047 of 4,754
May be something wrong, it doesn't happen to me. Have you enabled Auto Gain?

Anyway Neutron PEQ is very big with customization. But I do enjoy my Cowon PM2 EQ + BBE + Mach3bass better than Neutron or UAPP.
Who knows... Yes, auto gain, 10 band EQ.
When EQ aplied It does add some low end but then it destroys everything else.

It doesn't matter, I just wanted to hear how Monarch sound with some more mid bass with M11+. My V50 doesn't have those problems everything works fine, but also it doesn't have same SQ as M11+, and Monarch sounds more than fantastic on it.

Sep 10, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #3,048 of 4,754
Just got the oracles, and I'm having a hard time fitting them. Maybe I'm making rookie mistake here?
Have you tried using tips the next size up? Or maybe foams?

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #3,049 of 4,754
Just got the oracles, and I'm having a hard time fitting them. Maybe I'm making rookie mistake here?

With pretty much every tip I am getting a weird suction effect and all the bass disappears. It comes back if I hold them in, but as soon as I let go it's gone. If I just barely set them in my ear, I can get a good sound, but the seal breaks if I move or talk. I have tried inserting while lifting my ear, twisting, and just about eveything else I can think off.

Normally I would just sell them, but the sound is so stellar when I can actually hear it that I would like figure this out. My other iems ( that I have had no problems fitting ) are the er2xr, tin t4, legacy 2, and JVC FDX1. I have tried XELASTEC 2's, Spiral dots +, spinfits, and Dekoni bulletz.
+1 for foams. I know they limit treble extension, but I am unable to get the right amount of bass with any silicones, which makes the sound quite fatiguing.

Sep 11, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #3,050 of 4,754

With pretty much every tip I am getting a weird suction effect and all the bass disappears. It comes back if I hold them in, but as soon as I let go it's gone. If I just barely set them in my ear, I can get a good sound, but the seal breaks if I move or talk. I have tried inserting while lifting my ear, twisting, and just about eveything else I can think off.

Normally I would just sell them, but the sound is so stellar when I can actually hear it that I would like figure this out. My other iems ( that I have had no problems fitting ) are the er2xr, tin t4, legacy 2, and JVC FDX1. I have tried XELASTEC 2's, Spiral dots +, spinfits, and Dekoni bulletz.
The Excalibur has a similar issue where I can't get a good fit that keeps the sound in when using silicone ear tips. I just have to use foam ear tips instead and it's all fine once I did that.

Sep 11, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #3,051 of 4,754
Funny, I'm just using some El cheapo generic silicone tips and they are the best match for my Oracles out of about 5 or 6 other tips that I've tried. Great seal, perfect sound profile. Treble is extended, bass is full, mids are clear.

But frankly I haven't had any trouble sealing with any silicone tips with the Oracles, as long as they are the proper size.

Maybe try rotating the IEM forward or backward a bit to change the nozzle angle in the ear canal. That might help. It's worth the effort to figure it out because the Oracles are amazing. I'm actually reaching for them more than my MESTs these days. They're just so versatile.

Sep 11, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #3,053 of 4,754
Funny, I'm just using some El cheapo generic silicone tips and they are the best match for my Oracles out of about 5 or 6 other tips that I've tried. Great seal, perfect sound profile. Treble is extended, bass is full, mids are clear.

But frankly I haven't had any trouble sealing with any silicone tips with the Oracles, as long as they are the proper size.

Maybe try rotating the IEM forward or backward a bit to change the nozzle angle in the ear canal. That might help. It's worth the effort to figure it out because the Oracles are amazing. I'm actually reaching for them more than my MESTs these days. They're just so versatile.
Everyone's ear is different. I found some cheap pack-in silicon tips to work the best with certain iems because they fit and seal my ear correctly

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #3,055 of 4,754
+1 for foams. I know they limit treble extension, but I am unable to get the right amount of bass with any silicones, which makes the sound quite fatiguing.
I use triple flange silicone for my Oracles. I use the ones Included in my OG Andros. Sounds amazing. Foam tips really limit the treble extension of the oracle and makes it sound fatiguing like I'm holding my breathe lol. Triple flange retains the oomph and the treble extension is amazing.

Sep 12, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #3,056 of 4,754
I find that the Blessing2 is one of the best tuned IEMs out there so I just went ahead and EQ'ed it to sound like the Blessing2 with a slight bass boost and its just bangin'!

Actually I don't think the Excalibur has less presence in the mids/highs. I actually think it has more than the Oracle. But I think what bothered me the most about the Oracle was the boost at 4k. The Excalibur is the exact opposite of the Oracle at 4k and I think that's gonna make all the difference for me. But we'll see when I get them.

The Qudellix EQ for most of my IEM's sound tone deaf and much worse than stock. I have balanced cables for the CFA AG/Solaris SE/Oracle and Single ended for EE Nemesis.

They're all better stock or personally EQ'd for taste/preference than the preloaded EQ list for pretty much every genre.

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #3,057 of 4,754
Listening on my Oracles to 'How to Become Claivoyant' from Robbie Robertson ...

With my ears the Spinfit CP240 (small right ear and medium left ear) are the ones that made the Oracles fly. Besides the dual flange isolation providing a full bass experience, I think the length extension with small bore elevates the highs and makes the sound more integrated. Also the sound does not change when moving your head or whilst chewing. The result is a very energetic balanced sound. I tried many eartips with the Oracle over the last months and in the end I find the CP240's provide the best balance between performance and comfort.

@MynnyD: I thouhgt the BGVP A07 were your solution?

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #3,058 of 4,754
Listening on my Oracles to 'How to Become Claivoyant' from Robbie Robertson ...

With my ears the Spinfit CP240 (small right ear and medium left ear) are the ones that made the Oracles fly. Besides the dual flange isolation providing a full bass experience, I think the length extension with small bore elevates the highs and makes the sound more integrated. Also the sound does not change when moving your head or whilst chewing. The result is a very energetic balanced sound. I tried many eartips with the Oracle over the last months and in the end I find the CP240's provide the best balance between performance and comfort.

@MynnyD: I thouhgt the BGVP A07 were your solution?

You´re right! I tried literaly dozens and BGVPs works the best amongst the silicones by far, but I still felt that Oracles could not be at their full potential. I have tried these smaller dual flanges before:
https://www.trustedreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/mediabank/624f38|aebc_IMG-0944s.jpg
But the left channel severely lacked midbass if fully inserted (checked at audiostests), so I crossed them out of my list. After Cesnas172´s suggestion I gave them another try and if I wear left earphone a tiny bit shallower, they actually work very well soundwise, however the material is a bit itchy. I tried ordering S/M/L triple flanges from Ali instead of expensive Azlas/JVCs/Final Audios and will see how they fit.

Sep 14, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #3,059 of 4,754
Hi, a return of experience after a week of use with the L&P W2.
I finally decided to send it back to china because the sound signature was too dark for me and the W2 doesn't have enought treble extension compared to my M1HPA.
However, I keep the dunu blanche as it sound neutral and keep everythind under control, plus the treble opened up a bit during the burnin period. Sometimes i switch to LSC08 if i want more mid bass (but i don't think i need that much mid bass).
As for the Amp i currently use, it's the Musical Fidelity M1HPA. I hear a little bit of hissing but it s better sounding than the W2
Edit: I sent back the W2 but i bought a new usb cable for my DAC/AMP: i went from Audioquest pearl to Audioquest carbon. I m happy now the sound from the Monarch is even more detailed in the treble region and have good impact in the bass :)
IMG_20210915_190747.jpg
Edit2: i bought a new Amp/Dac, the Shanling EM5. It as 4.4 balanced output and does music streaming, plus lots of features. Seems very interesting :) I will sell my M1HPA after receiving the EM5
Edit3: I gave SednaEarfit Xelastec another try. Last time i used the M size but i felt like the fit wasn't the best, so i bought a MS size. Now it fit me better and i like the sound a lot :)

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #3,060 of 4,754
I tried a set of spinfit doubles but I think they were a little small. Might try the next size up.
The Oracles feel like a bit of a shallower fit for me but I haven't had issues with seal with different tips. I have had comfort issues though with deeper fitting tips. I'm using Spinfit CP360's now. They are a TWS tip so the fit is shallower and with Oracle, I use the large size. I usually use a medium size tip but it depends on the iem, tip brand, and the depth of fit. I use a medium size CP360 on another IEM that has a deeper fit. With the Spinfit 360 medium on the Oracle, I wouldn't get a seal (due to the shallower fit) but with the large size 360, no issues. And they are fairly comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back