ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jul 19, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #2,896 of 4,754
Anyone experiencing long delays in shipment especially for Oracle? I've ordered (and paid) my Oracle in june 22th and after almost a month still no sign of shipment....
I got my Excalibur order Thursday last week. I think it was 8 weeks before it was sent out. I ordered it 14th of May and they sent it on 8th July. They have a lot of back orders at the moment.

Jul 20, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #2,898 of 4,754
Can anyone share Monarch EQ settings that matches Clairvoyance curve?

Jul 20, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #2,899 of 4,754
Can anyone share Monarch EQ settings that matches Clairvoyance curve?
This is what I posted back in March in regards to the Clair EQ for the Monarch. Pretty sure this is the one. I’ll need to double check when I get home, but for now, this is what I have
4997804A-CB36-4C6B-AEB5-DAF5A88365F0.png

Jul 20, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #2,900 of 4,754
This is what I posted back in March in regards to the Clair EQ for the Monarch. Pretty sure this is the one. I’ll need to double check when I get home, but for now, this is what I have
4997804A-CB36-4C6B-AEB5-DAF5A88365F0.png

Thanks
I tried to copy these settings to ES100 EQ. I'm not sure I got it right, but I guess it's pretty close. Yes mid bass is so much meatier compared to non EQ'd with ES100... Not bad at all, if that is how Clair sounds.
But Monarch paired with M11+ is a totally different story, it's truly amazing pairing. It blows ES100 sound sig and technicalities right out of the water...
(ES100 eq is the only EQ I can use with M11+, Neutron for some reason doesn't work on M11+. I'm not using EQ in Fiio player or UAPP)

Everyone talking how Monarch lacks mid bass compared to Clair, well with M11+ NO. I listen to lots of rock heavy metal, and the amount mid bass kick ass compared to ES100. I didn't do any other comparisons but with M11+ bass is definitely there. Also mids and clarity accros the spectrum, detail, and stage... Are on another level. Just a 15 min listen and compare.
ATM I am realy satisfied with what I have, I finaly honestly have no wish for upgrades.

Jul 20, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #2,901 of 4,754
Jul 26, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #2,903 of 4,754
After 24 days my Monarch arrived back from repair, it finally got it's subbass back!

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #2,904 of 4,754
Ok, so I like the Xelastec tips way more than the spinfits. Sounds just more natural and pretty comfy too.

The L&P W2 seems to be the only dac/amp in my collection that can drive the Oracles properly. Tried several sources but all seem to sound off, lacking treble and strained.

Oh yeah, switching the stock cable definitely opened up the sound too. :thumbsup:

I was pretty close to selling the Oracles, but I changed my mind. :)

Jul 31, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #2,905 of 4,754
I love the Xelastecs out of all tips I've tried but they have their issues. I have some of Azla's new Crystal (standard) tips on the way. I hope they're just as comfortable as I can leave the Xelastecs in for hours and forget they are there.

Jul 31, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #2,906 of 4,754
Perhaps I ordered the Xelastecs (M) too large, but for me they do not deliver the energy the Oracles can provide. With my ears the Spinfit CP240 (small right ear and medium left ear) are the ones that made the Oracles fly. Besides the dual flange isolation providing a perfect bass experience, I think the length extension with small bore elevates the highs and makes the sound more integrated. The result is a very energetic balanced sound. I do admit you feel the CP240 inside your ears, but that gets less over time. the stickiness of the Xelastics irritated me also, even though that reduced also over time. I tried many eartips with the Oracle over the last months and in the end I find the CP240's provide the best balance between performance and comfort.

Jul 31, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #2,907 of 4,754
I've been an Azla eartip fan and do use their regular tips on some other iems but I initially had problems with getting a seal with the Xelastecs. I finally worked it out but I'm not a fan of the X's. I tried them on the Oracles (and another IEM) and didn't gel with them sonically. I also find them uncomfortable. The comfort issue may have resolved given more time but that's a moot point with there being other tips that I prefer.

Iv'e rolled quite a few tips with the Oracle but keep coming back to the Spinfit CP360. I usually use a medium tip but with the Oracle and the short CP360's the medium was too small but I get a great seal with the large size 360's and they are pretty comfortable.

Jul 31, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #2,908 of 4,754
Talking about ear tips, I just got some foam ones delivered. So I got the Marshmallow ones from Campfire, a pack of Dekoni Bulletz and a pack Comply Foam Isolation 200.

Jul 31, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #2,909 of 4,754
I am somewhat of a noob. I discovered my cheap KZ Zst10 pro will do "sub bass rumble". I like it! I have to keep pressing and holding that iem into my ears. Guess a little too large or not right tips. Could someone please rank the Theiaudio iems based on this sub bass ability? Of course I don't want it to be bad in other ways.
Regards

Jul 31, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #2,910 of 4,754
I am somewhat of a noob. I discovered my cheap KZ Zst10 pro will do "sub bass rumble". I like it! I have to keep pressing and holding that iem into my ears. Guess a little too large or not right tips. Could someone please rank the Theiaudio iems based on this sub bass ability? Of course I don't want it to be bad in other ways.
Regards
All the Thieaudio tribrids reach down into the subbass but the Monarch is the subass focused model of the 4 models. I own the Oracle which would probably be considered neutral tuned with some bass boost. The KZ ZS10 Pro does extend down into the subass but it does roll off a bit at the very bottom. It's a V shaped tuning with more emphasis on the bass and midbass than subbass. None of the Thieaudio tribrids are really "bad in other ways". There are tuning differences between them and peoples tuning preferences would determine which models they prefer. Aside from the Monarch being the subass focused model, it's also generally considered the most technically proficient.

You should consider reading as many reviews for the different models as you can. But, they are all very different than the KZ ZS10 Pro (which I also own). Then ask model specific question on this forum if you are still interested. Also, the Moondrop Variations is a fairly new model that is also subbass focused.

Maybe start here ... Crinacle - Monarch + Clairvoyance

Crinacle - $500 Tribrids

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back