The yaxi pads on koss porta pro can tame peaks?
May 7, 2024 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

houaiss

Head-Fier
Hi all!

I'm enjoying my koss porta pro and I'm thinking on buyng the yaxi pads for it. From what I already read I get that those pads "control" more the bass and reveal more the treble, but would they tame peaks? I enjoying the koss porta pro sound but in some songs I get some distracting peaks. I'm trying to eq them out but sometimes is not that easy... so the yaxi pads would help with that? Or would they would "boost it"?
Personally I like a lot the bass of the PP that comes from the box (I guess I'm bass head and sensitive on clarity, I prefer darker sounds)
I know that this can be really subjective... but....
If anyone that uses yaxi pads on koss porta pro could help me with that I'd be grateful. Thank you!

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi all!

I'm enjoying my koss porta pro and I'm thinking on buyng the yaxi pads for it. From what I already read I get that those pads "control" more the bass and reveal more the treble, but would they tame peaks? I enjoying the koss porta pro sound but in some songs I get some distracting peaks. I'm trying to eq them out but sometimes is not that easy... so the yaxi pads would help with that? Or would they would "boost it"?
Personally I like a lot the bass of the PP that comes from the box (I guess I'm bass head and sensitive on clarity, I prefer darker sounds)
I know that this can be really subjective... but....
If anyone that uses yaxi pads on koss porta pro could help me with that I'd be grateful. Thank you!
Like many folks, I use Yaxi pads on my PortaPros. But I use them for comfort rather than for sound quality. It sounds like you've got the ability to EQ, so I'd rely on that instead. Rather than chasing narrow peaks, just use a wide-band EQ filter that covers the problem area.

May 12, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 3
Yeah you are probably right, It seems that yaxi pads wouldn't help with this issue, and the best way to remedy this is using EQ of course (which I already do). So I guess I'll put on hold the yaxi pads, as I already like the comfort and the sound that the porta pro brings out of the box and I don't want to evidence more the mids and treble. I also like the slim presentation of the porta pro and the stock pads help with that since they are smaller and thinner than the yaxi.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back