The xduoo x2s or the f.audio T3?
Jan 17, 2024 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

h8uthemost

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a new inexpensive but good dap. My Cowon d2 and Sansa clip plus are getting quite a bit old. I love them both, but poor things are old. Lol

So I've narrowed it down to these two players.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLqJgWC - f.audio t3
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPwoKVe - xduoo x2s

Now both play vorbis, which is my go to lossy format. So that's cool. Both do 24/192 if I want them to. And both seem to have pack plenty of power, and sound good according to reviews.

But the T3 has balanced ports (2.5 and 4.4) along with the usual 3.5mm. The x2s only has a 3.5mm port. But it's supposed to pack plenty of power for lower sensitivity headphones. But the T3 and it's balanced ports, should be all around more powerful, right?

Both come in around the $60 mark. So the price is right. Both are made of metal.

Does anyone have both of these? If so, what one should I go with? And if you don't have either, but judging by the specs, what's a better buy?

Thank you for any and all help

Jan 17, 2024 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 6
HiBy R2 II should be the bare minimum for me, but xduoo x2s is not bad, slow scan and clunky ui, at this price you dont have to worry about 4.4 ...
Well, I've read some things about the Hiby R2 being clunky as well. I guess if I wanted an android dap I would just use my phone. So even though the hiby is only like $30 more than the others, I think I still wanna stick one of those 2. I mean $30 can be allot.

Why do you think that the balanced ports aren't that important on the T3? I'm leaning towards the T3 cuz it's a bit cheaper. But then again the x2s has already been proven what it can do since it's been out longer. The T3 is still new I think. It has good reviews on Ali though.

I don't know. I think this is gonna be a case of flipping a coin.

Thanks for the response

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #4 of 6
Well, I've read some things about the Hiby R2 being clunky as well. I guess if I wanted an android dap I would just use my phone. So even though the hiby is only like $30 more than the others, I think I still wanna stick one of those 2. I mean $30 can be allot.

Why do you think that the balanced ports aren't that important on the T3? I'm leaning towards the T3 cuz it's a bit cheaper. But then again the x2s has already been proven what it can do since it's been out longer. The T3 is still new I think. It has good reviews on Ali though.

I don't know. I think this is gonna be a case of flipping a coin.

Thanks for the response
If the secondary dac on the t3 can activate the high gain/low gain and deliver more power, its ok but usually with this category of price, you dont have the options... I own the hidizs ap80 pro-x, hiby r2 first gen and xduoo x2s and they are all clunky ui and cutout words when you read the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back