The X3: Any tips for successful use of 64GB micro SD Card?
Jun 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Chaz1952

100+ Head-Fier
I've read through lots of posts from a year ago about issues and problems using a 64GB card, but not too much recently.
My Sandisk 64GB microSD card (the red/grey one) should be here shortly.
I would appreciate any hints for formatting, copying and playing music from those X3 owners who are using this size card.
(I have been using a Sandisk 32GB card trouble free-but it's just about full.)
I have the latest firmware on the player: 3.0
Convert CDs to FLAC (level 5) using dbPoweramp and foobar as a library to check tags/album artwork.
Then I drag & drop from my Windows 7 PC to the connected X3.
My folder structure on the X3's external card is: FLAC / A-L, M-Z and it's had no trouble finding or playing the 1500+ files on it so far.
Hoping to format the new card on the X3, using that utility in the player's menu.
I'll probably use an adapter directly plugged into my computer to copy the FLAC files over, at least the first time.
Thanks!
Charlie

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 4
Just ordered a Sandisk 64GB microSD card myself (to replace my 32Gb card)

Did you experience any problems so far? Would love to hear that everything works flawlessly. :wink:

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi, Snooker.

I've been using my X3 since the beginning of June.
Happy to say that it's been performing flawlessly since day one.
Right out of the box, I carefully followed FiiO's instructions for upgrading to FW3.
For about a month, I had my music on a 32gb Sandisk card.  Upgraded to a Sandisk 64gb card, which again, has been working smoothly since install.
Be sure to follow instructions for formatting the larger card into FAT 32 using guiformat.
For faster transfer on to the new card, I directly copied from card (USb adapter) to card(micro SD adapter) on the PC,  not from PC to X3.
I use dbPoweramp to rip to FLAC (Level5) and foobar to double-check music file tags, etc.
So far, I use the internal memory for mp3s and the "TF" card for FLAC albums.
Folder hierarchy: FLAC/A-K/Artists/Albums/Songs, L-Z/Artists/Albums/Songs
All files present and accounted for...
Categories (Artists, Genre )seem fine
Everything plays and sounds great on the X3.

Good luck.

Charlie
PS-
Just remembered a day when "Update Media Library" would hang when updating.  Resetting didn't help.  Started to freak out then -remembered earlier in the day  that I had hastily pulled the cord from the PC before "Safely Ejecting" the X3.  My fault and no recurrence of that issue since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back