The under-rated Green Day...
Oct 22, 2002 at 4:02 AM Post #31 of 32
well i've heard boards and they make some neat ambiance... not a whole lot going on though. aphex twin would be one of your critical darlings i suppose, haven't really gone to him yet either. perhaps it's worth a shot.

perhaps i can give you a nudge forward as well. have you been listening to this new rap/rock "xxx" genre they have going on? its even more worthless and juvinile than the pop/punk stampede of yesterday... therefore given the appropriate consideration i'm sure it has a lot to offer.

Oct 22, 2002 at 4:08 AM Post #32 of 32
The only "nu-metal" band (and indeed outside of Led Zep and AC/DC, the only "heavy metal" band) in my collection is System of a Down's "Toxicity", an absolutely staggeringly good album. Again, you've got to be willing to put away your prejudices to truly appreciate this record. If you love rock music at all, you have to love "Toxicity".

Beyond that, I have no interest in "redneck rock" of any era, least of all "rap-rock".

As for pure rap music, I have maybe 5 rap albums in my entire collection, but these are rap artists that appeal mostly to whites: Outkast, Lauren Hill, De la Soul. Do they count?

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back