THE Show 2013, Newport Beach
Jun 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Yea! My wife and I wondered about this as well :)

Ok, I genuinely LOL'ed at this!

It was great meeting everyone at the show! I'd like to thank all the organizers for making it great and we hope to see you all there again next year.

John L: those are great pictures! Do you mind if we share it on our Facebook page?

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #18 of 22
Our pictures from the show is now up on the Astell&Kern and iriver Facebook pages. Check out the album here and "Like" us!

Who knows, some of you may be in the pictures! Feel free to tag yourself or others Head-Fi'ers you may know.

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:
Yes, it's a nice little unit. Very flexible and had lot's of power. I was demoing it with LCD-3's and couldn't believe how well it was doing. Tone controls were a nice touch. 3 position gain control. Built in battery which is said to last about 8 hours. To my ears it was very solid state sounding, but hey, that's me being picky.

I suspect that it relates back to the opamp selection (change) during the early stages of its design in the interest of conserving battery power. 

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #20 of 22
I'm proud to announce that Richard Beers was so psyched about The Headphoniun - 
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!

I'm going on a walk-thru to check out a BIGGER BALLROOM for next year!!
I'm going next week to check it out.

Will report back!!

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #21 of 22
I'm proud to announce that Richard Beers was so psyched about The Headphoniun - 
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!

I'm going on a walk-thru to check out a BIGGER BALLROOM for next year!!
I'm going next week to check it out.

Will report back!!

Hmmm... I do not know about a bigger ballroom. I found this year room a bit noisy for a careful listening. The open headphones let in too much outside sound to completely ignore the surrounding and when you have 4-5-6 stands in one room it can get too loud sometimes.

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:
Hmmm... I do not know about a bigger ballroom. I found this year room a bit noisy for a careful listening. The open headphones let in too much outside sound to completely ignore the surrounding and when you have 4-5-6 stands in one room it can get too loud sometimes.

OH

I completely understand your point.

Think of this the other way around: We'd have more real estate, similar to what the fellas do w/ the LA and NYC meets - more akin to CanJam at RMAF.
So you'll have more space between tables/exhibits - allowing for a more conducive environment for open-back cans and such.

PLUS: This is a ballroom that is being constructed where the Hilton's Spa used to be (it was third-party owned - and the owners recently retired, so they
want to build it into a ballroom) - so the space is also specifically designed to be a bit away from the traffic!!

The two things we had working against us at The Headphonium were the doors always had to be open (and with only 2,000 square feet, we had a helluva
noise-floor) and the actual limitation of space.

We may not have to deal with that next year!  I say MAY because I'm still not sure if I'm going to be working on The Headphonium next year.
I LOVE CanJam at RMAF - and I'm on the RMAF team, so I may decide to focus all my efforts there and where I'm moving: The Bay Area.

BUT - I wanna do a walk-thru and see what we got!

Thanks again to ALL who helped me this year.
I appreciate it more than words can express.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back