The Road Less Taken To The Top Of The World
Aug 24, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #16 of 20
For some reason I'm sort of shocked to see an article about Slightly Stoopid on head-fi. Very nicely done Mike. I've been a fan of them for years and still have my copy of their self titled cd. I've seen them probably around 6 or 7 times now and it's amazing how they have grown as a band. 

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:
For some reason I'm sort of shocked to see an article about Slightly Stoopid on head-fi. Very nicely done Mike. I've been a fan of them for years and still have my copy of their self titled cd. I've seen them probably around 6 or 7 times now and it's amazing how they have grown as a band. 

Hey there Bombora - I'm glad that you brought this up. I wasn't sure about it myself but great musicianship transcends everything else. These guys have got some serious talent. I wasn't kidding when I said that I thought C-Money is Miles Reincarnate. Rebirth of Hip Hop is one of my favorite albums. Id count it in my top 10 all day long. If you haven't heard it yet - grab it now. It was his first press as a solo and I've never seen anyone not respond to it the way I do. It's like the follow up to Miles' "Do Bop" (was that the name of his last cut - when he started experimenting with acid jazz?) Anyways - it's brilliant. And Rymo keeps putting out great stuff. And so do the rest of the band. They've got talent and the work ethic to back it up. Like I said - they did all this on their own! Hats off.

Thanks for helping spread the good word!

Mike

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:
Hey there Bombora - I'm glad that you brought this up. I wasn't sure about it myself but great musicianship transcends everything else. These guys have got some serious talent. I wasn't kidding when I said that I thought C-Money is Miles Reincarnate. Rebirth of Hip Hop is one of my favorite albums. Id count it in my top 10 all day long. If you haven't heard it yet - grab it now. It was his first press as a solo and I've never seen anyone not respond to it the way I do. It's like the follow up to Miles' "Do Bop" (was that the name of his last cut - when he started experimenting with acid jazz?) Anyways - it's brilliant. And Rymo keeps putting out great stuff. And so do the rest of the band. They've got talent and the work ethic to back it up. Like I said - they did all this on their own! Hats off.

Thanks for helping spread the good word!

Mike

Yes, C-Money's solo stuff is pretty good. I love the John Brown's Body stuff too (wasn't that big a fan of the last record) and of course 10ft ganja plant I think has become one of my favorite reggae/dub bands. Stoopid has always been sort of hit or missing with me sound wise on record. I don't think anyone has really done their sound justice. I also think Top of The World has a really solid thing going on, I think Chronchitis fell short on what they were trying to go for. Top of The World just has such a smooth flow to it and horns are placed perfectly in songs where they should go. I agree everyone in the band is very talented, I'd personally love to see Kyle do a solo record too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back