The other Byrd...
Oct 1, 2001 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 6
Yeah, I actually have it on vinyl. I haven't listened to it in years though. I really need to get a turntable.
frown.gif

Oct 9, 2001 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Yeah, I actually have it on vinyl. I haven't listened to it in years though. I really need to get a turntable.
frown.gif

Now, I am not surprised we both have the same album again
wink.gif
. I have it on CD and I really love it. I really like cool jazz fussion. I also have like 3 or 4 Joe Sample albums. Really mega cool.

May 2, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #5 of 6
I found out through a friend that Donald Byrd was having someone sell off bits of his LP collection on eBay a few months ago, so I checked it out. It was kray-zy! He had pristine, unplayed versions of major jazz and classical records from the '50s and '60s. As you'd imagine, some of them went for big bucks. I bidded on the original version of a disc that saxist Lucky Thompson made with French sidemen (including my man Martial Solal) in the mid '50s, on a label that probably existed for about ten seconds. I lost. As for the Blackbyrds, I'm probably not as into them as the previous posters…for reasons that aren't important to this thread…not looking to break up the Blackbyrd love here.
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back