the official music artist(s) recommendations thread
Nov 9, 2005 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

antiant

Banned
i have an idea (if it has been done before sorry):

i figured this could turn into an interesting topic/thread (hopefully get turned into a sticky as well)...basically list any or every musical genre you can think of followed by 5 artist(s)/bands/groups etc that you highly recommend in that genre, the idea is to open up musical horizons for people who are looking for something different or a change of music that they are regularly accustomed to and provide other musical directions for that person...please post in an orderly format to make it easier to view ie:

Format:
Artist(s)/Band Name here - Album Name if known here (if not known put a ? mark or do a google search) - a little (note: not essay length) description/opinion if you want about the particular artist(s) here with a link or two for further listening and if you don't know what genre the artist(s) is in due to numerous musical influences use the title "unknown" or if you hate labels (like i do) just use unknown or something to that effect, i realize there are many different genre's out there so if you find yourself finding a lot just cut your post in half or make a lot of different posts etc

an example post would look something like this:

Hip-Hop
1. Common - BE - conscious hip-hop etc etc *insert link here*
2. KRS one - ? - conscious hip-hop, with some political messages etc etc
Unknown
1. Bill Laswell - ? - blah blah blah
Heavy Metal
1. Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin - Angela Gassow is blah blah blah *insert link here*
2. Metallica - St. Anger - description/opinion/link

if you find that you really like the artist(s) and all their albums then just post something like this:

Heavy Metal
1. Metallica - the black album, kill them all, master of puppets, etc - description/link

or

Heavy Metal
1. Metallica - all albums - description/link

you can also list sub-genres, there really is no limit, be as detailed or general as you like just make it in an organized format and no discussion, that's the only rule

i do not want to turn this into a "discussion" thread, so if you must comment on someone's recommendations please PM the person or start a new thread on that recommendation for further discussion, this is suppose to be an ORGANIZED LIST OF MUSICAL RECOMMENDATIONS OF ARTISTS FROM VARIOUS GENRES/INFLUENCES...the reason for no discussion is to make it more accessible and viewable...if we start having discussions it's going to be quite irritating for someone wanting to look at the list and have to sift through all the discussions just to find something, so keep that in mind while posting please, i would like for the thread to be consistent and on topic as well, so if your looking at one members recommendations you don't have to keep sifting through crap just to get to the next list on page 15 or whatever, everything should go smooth one after the other *crosses fingers* LOL

for those who ask only 5?! the post is never ending, so you can keep on posting, just keep the number at 5 as it will be easier to view, i expect this thread to be big in pages/response too, which is another reason to make it organized and viewable...hope this goes right and i hope i made everything CLEAR, we shall see...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back