The Incredible Weirdness of Cibo Mato!
Oct 11, 2001 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
You know, I've only ever owned two Cibo Mato albums, "Viva La Woman" and "Stereo Type A" (which I always thought was medicore), but last month - out of sheer boredom - I downloaded every Cibo Mato mp3 I could find. I netted a bunch of stuff I've never heard, collaborations, live bits, etc. and I threw them together into a mix on MD. You know what? I haven't been able to stop listening to that mixed bag. I think for sheer fun (with a bit of weirdness throw in) Cibo Mato is awesome. Some of these tracks are done with a French group (in French), Nirvana and Doors covers, live raps, sambas - and other things I never knew existed. In the end, all I can say is Viva La Cibo Mato! (and for this kind of purpose, viva la mp3!) Are there any other closet Cibo fans?

Oct 11, 2001 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 4
I like Cibo Mato a lot. Just popped in Stereotype A yesterday. You can't lose with titles like Sci-Fi Wasabe and Lint of Love.

Oct 12, 2001 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 4
Those are definetly to best two tracks. Have you noticed, though, that the CD doesn't really sound all that great? I first bought the tape (out of desperation - couldn't find the CD here in Bangkok) then a few month later found the disc. But is it me or is the bass line of "Sci-Fi Wasabi" distorted (over modulated)?

Oct 12, 2001 at 6:48 AM Post #4 of 4
It's definitely recorded too loud, and is rather bright, but with all the space age noises going on, it's sometimes difficult to pick out what's intended and what's distorting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back