The "Head-Gear" Section....
May 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Marcus_C

1000+ Head-Fier
I quite like the idea behind the head-gear section of the site, it has the potential to be very helpful to a lot of people as more and more reviews are added which can only be a good thing as it turns into a goldmine of information. There are a few problems I see with it though, which I have no idea how easy they would be to fix. 

For one, I was about to add a review of the etymotic hf5 and I find there are three versions in the (i presume it's a database from somewhere) list. The ety hf5 is available in 3 colours but why do we need three separate products? It means any reviews for the same item are quite likely to be in different sections so reading more than one persons review is less likely. There are about as many of these examples as there are products that come in more than one colour (including some mp3 players).

Also when I was going to write a hf5 review there was no rating for isolation but there was an isolation rating for the hf2???? and in all other products I can see. Isolation is quite a plus for the hf5 so I didn't write the review.

I don't know how feasible it would be but I think it might be an idea to pin a search result for a product (with number of reviews clear) as the first result of anyone's search. I don't know really, just throwing it out there as an idea.

Also is there a way to classify a product within a price range or a vague description? If anyone went to search for the best iem at the moment (and i should imagine for a while), they will get the JH13 pro, it's not until they read a review that the price (even a vague one) is clear. maybe classes even with arbitrary and variable cut-off points would work, (e.g. budget, reference, high-end, low-end, professional)

Also I tried adding a product that wasn't in the list and the site wouldn't let me add specs or any detailed information. I decided at that point I should remove it in case someone else had better luck but I can't do that either.

Sorry if this seems like a rant, it's meant to be constructive as I like the new site and overall i prefer it to the old one.

edit: I have a sneaking suspicion i've forgotten something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back