The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Jun 5, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #556 of 803
Jun 7, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #557 of 803
I want to start a revolution in headphones :
If you are lucky, you'll get to be my age.....
The average human body stops most development by age 18, 19, 20.
The Nose and EARS continue to grow.

If you  barely fit your ears into the cans, what about and old Geezer such is I?????
I have 3 Sennheiser over ears.  
My right ear must be larger (maybe the left didn't grow as much?).
So I have a snug fit , or maybe even since i can't see inside the cup it could be that the top of the ear folds a bit?
Any ideas?  Sennheiser has replacements but they are the same as  the originals.
I ordered LOL Sennheiser relacement pads from China for extremely cheap but they were no more than generic tiny pads !

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #558 of 803
  I have 3 Sennheiser over ears.  
My right ear must be larger (maybe the left didn't grow as much?).
So I have a snug fit , or maybe even since i can't see inside the cup it could be that the top of the ear folds a bit?
Any ideas?  Sennheiser has replacements but they are the same as  the originals.
I ordered LOL Sennheiser relacement pads from China for extremely cheap but they were no more than generic tiny pads !

Which model?

Jul 11, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #560 of 803
Anyone ever tried the aftermarket (aka ebay ones) pads on the K701?

I've tried to compare them (one original in one ear, the other in the other ear while swapping the channel) and I can't discern a difference, my ears aren't that trained though. They come with a thinner ring probably to compensate for the size

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #561 of 803

Anyone ever tried the aftermarket (aka ebay ones) pads on the K701?

I've tried to compare them (one original in one ear, the other in the other ear while swapping the channel) and I can't discern a difference, my ears aren't that trained though. They come with a thinner ring probably to compensate for the size

Are the ebay pads on the left or right? I have always wondered how they compared to the 701/702 angled pads.

Jul 12, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #562 of 803
The right, the left are the original ones.
I've used the right ones more, so they're slight thinner that what they used to be. While I used the original ones for like 4 hours in total.

The chinese ones are angled and they have that AKG lock-on mechanism on the back

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #563 of 803
Anyone know of bigger earpads to the Beyerdynamic T90s as I have big ears and they are a bit too small or a place to get the t70 pads cause the earhole is just those 0.3cm bigger and I can't seem to find a place to get them

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #564 of 803

To anyone else here tried the brainwaz memory Brainwavz Replacement Memory Foam Earpads and it does wonders. They've basicly become and open ear Sennheiser Momentum. I think they sound amazing now. To anyone else entering this thread, they are half a centimeter higher the width is a centimeter smaller and it's about a centimeter thicker
All in all a good decision

Jul 26, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #565 of 803

To anyone else here tried the brainwaz memory Brainwavz Replacement Memory Foam Earpads and it does wonders. They've basicly become and open ear Sennheiser Momentum. I think they sound amazing now. To anyone else entering this thread, they are half a centimeter higher the width is a centimeter smaller and it's about a centimeter thicker

I might have to try this. I have the leather and velour Brainwavz pads but haven't found any headphones they actually sound good on. Maybe they will work on my dt880.

Jul 29, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #567 of 803

I tried that sometime back.  I felt that the detriment to the midrange, soundstage, and treble were unacceptable.

You and I seem to have very different opinions on how the Senn Momentums sound, I've heard both the around-ear and on-ear (first gen), and I've kept the on-ear.  I certainly wouldn't describe HM5'd T90 as an "open-ear Momentum".

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #568 of 803
We might have different equipment aswell. I felt that too in the beginning but after a day or too It made me happy. But oh well to each their own I guess.
Then again I am using the E5 dac/amp which colors the sound a bit so that might be why we have different opinions about that.

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #569 of 803
Anyone know the outer diameter of those Steelseries Siberia earpads?  I see some on aliexpress, I like the very wide ear opening, they could be real good upgrade pads for some headphones.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #570 of 803
  The right, the left are the original ones.
I've used the right ones more, so they're slight thinner that what they used to be. While I used the original ones for like 4 hours in total.

The chinese ones are angled and they have that AKG lock-on mechanism on the back

Hi--

Are these considered the next-best thing to the stock AKG velour replacements, which run about $70USD?

I'm thinking about trading for a used Q701, and I may want to replace the pads. 

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back