The Dreaded I.E.M.
Mar 19, 2023 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Abbeyrd1969

New Head-Fier
Are I.E.M's inherently delicate. I take good care of my earbuds. To date, I am now on at least my second pair of buds because they broke in some way or fashion. First set of Fiio FH5s Pro's arrived broken. Second set been awesome. My Campfire Mammoths nozzle broke off a few weeks ago. Shure SE425 just broke for the third time last night. I am just getting into this hobby and I find this deeply disturbing. I want to pull the trigger and move up in class to the $750-$1200 range, but not if this is a running theme for I.E.M's. All problems have been with the connector or the nozzle. Truthear Zero is the only one not to have any problems, but they are also only 2 months old. When I spend my money, I expect that the product is not just temporary based on cost. I am sure the QA/QC is better once you go up in price, but does that make them a more durable product??? I switch out cables and tips on a regular basis searching for "that" sound. Am I the only one with these problems or is this what I should expect from all earbuds in general? Like I said earlier, I treat my earbuds with a lot of care. I don't throw them around or drop them. Once I am done listening to them, they get a roady roll and put in their spot on my desk. I have 2 very revealing systems in my home, but due to thin walls, I am unable to enjoy them at the volume intended. I don't like headphones, neither on ear or over ear. I like I.E.M's for the depth of sound they provide, but at what cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back