The Doors: Studio Sessions 1969
Jan 16, 2002 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

gloco

Only one ban in 5000 attempts!
I happened to stumble upon this cd at a local shop. My brother decided to ask the guy to play it and low and behold...wow this sounds nice. What year again? 1969...hmmm...i wound up buying it and i am listening to it as i write this. Pretty good studio recording, being that it's mostly jam sessions, there's some tape hiss present but its a great bootleg to own nonetheless. I can't think of any boots i own that had this kind of fidelity. Here is a tracklisting:

1. Roadhouse blues (vocals only) :19
2. Petition the lord with Prayer :36
3. Petition the Lord with prayer/whiskey, mystics and men (band version) 4:16
4. love me tender (presley/matson) 2:06
5. rock is dead-part one (rehearsal including boogie chillen) (Hooker/Besman) 10:57
6. Woman is a devil 6:20
7. rock is dead- part two (rehearsal) 13:20
8. Queen of the magazines 3:57
9. pipeline (instrumental) (Spickard/Corman) 1:20
10. rock is dead- part three (rehearsal including Rock me Baby (B.B King) & Mystery Train (G. Parker Jr./ S. Philips) 23:12
11. Someday soon 2:54 (different studio source, quality is good)
12. Orange country suite 1:38 (different studio source, quality is ok)
13. Wintertime love 1:51 (this sounds like its from the vinyl record!)

I paid the princely sum of $35, the first 10 tracks are from the same studio session and are wonderful to listen to, more in vein with "L.A. Woman." Tracks 11-12 are from different studio sessions and track 13 appears to be from the vinyl record of that particular album "wintertime love" came from. Also, its a original CD, not CDR, with a fold out boolet, the inside has a interview and the front has artwork of Jim done in with a artist's brush. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with this cd, i really am digging it!
cool.gif

George

Users who are viewing this thread

Back