The Doors - Complete Studio Album Collection in 96 kHz / 24 bit FLAC
Oct 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

StratocasterMan

Headphoneus Supremus
Oct 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #2 of 11
I'm guessing these are the remixes from the Perception box set. If that bothers you like it does me, I'd recommend waiting for the Analogue Productions SACDs that are coming out soon.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #3 of 11
Thanks for the reply, Radioking59. I have MOG, and there is quite a good selection of The Doors on there. For example, for the first album just called 'The Doors,' they stream three different versions. One is just listed as 1967 Rhino/Electra and I guess that one is an older stereo master. They also have the '40th Anniversary Mixes' (Atlantic Records/ATG) version of the same album, and then they have the mono version of the LP listed as 2010 Rhino/Electra.

Of course, MOG streams in 320 kbps, which is not ideal compared with FLAC or SACD but certainly not bad. Since everything on MOG is included in my $5 a month and their selection is wide, I'm having trouble justifying spending a lot of money to go out and re-buy these records by The Doors. I'd really need to be sure I was getting something that was going to sound obviously better to justify the cost.

The Doors catalog is getting a little confusing with all of these different versions of the albums. I'll wait and see if some other folks have comments and reviews because I'm in no rush to go out and buy The Doors records while I already have some pretty good options for listening to them. 

Oct 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 11
I found this at another forum: "I emailed HDtracks and they confirmed the first album was the previously available remix, and that the rest of the collection is recently remastered."

I do know the self titled album master tapes are either missing or unplayable.  That's why it is different than the rest.

It looks like I might have been wrong about the remixes, but I'm not sure. You can use the code "thedoors15" and get 15% off through 10/31.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #5 of 11
Thanks, Radioking59.

I put together a little Doors Greatest Hits playlist on Spotify. For any Spotify users reading this, my playlist is here:

The Doors – Dave's Mix

All of the tracks on my playlist are the "New Stereo Mix - Advanced Resolution." These are the "40th Anniversary" remixes used on the 40th Anniversary re-releases.

I used one of the currently available essential Doors hits collections, but I added in a few of my favorite Doors tracks that were missing to try to make the collection more complete to my liking. Here's my track list. If you have Spotify, you can play the whole thing at the link above.

1. Break On Through (To The Other Side)
2. Light My Fire
3. Love Me Two Times
4. Hello, I Love You
5. Twentieth Century Fox
6. People Are Strange
7. Strange Days
8. Riders On The Storm
9. L.A. Woman
10. Touch Me
11. Roadhouse Blues
12. Peace Frog
13. Love Street
14. The Crystal Ship
15. Soul Kitchen
16. Love Her Madly
17. Back Door Man
18. Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)
19. Moonlight Drive
20. You're Lost Little Girl
21. The Unknown Soldier
22. When The Music's Over
23. The End

Enjoy!

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratocasterMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. Break On Through (To The Other Side)
2. Light My Fire
3. Love Me Two Times
4. Hello, I Love You
5. Twentieth Century Fox
6. People Are Strange
7. Strange Days
8. Riders On The Storm
9. L.A. Woman
10. Touch Me
11. Roadhouse Blues
12. Peace Frog
13. Love Street
14. The Crystal Ship
15. Soul Kitchen
16. Love Her Madly
17. Back Door Man
18. Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)
19. Moonlight Drive
20. You're Lost Little Girl
21. The Unknown Soldier
22. When The Music's Over
23. The End

Looks like my Doors collection on the Clip... except yours is missing The WASP for some strange reason...
beerchug.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
I'm looking into the 45 box set that's being released soon. Great names on the remaster and The Doors just begs for wax.

I have the Doors 1973 Greatest Hits "Quadra disc" from my adolescence on vinyl, now that's HiFi.  Unfortunately that album has a few too many pops on it to make it worth downloading. They were wildly inconsistent after there first album which makes the 45 set more desirable. I plan to get the first album on 24bit/96khz.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #9 of 11
I just ordered the debut album on DCC gold CD. Hopefully the SACD isn't too much better. I decided I'm going with the SACDs for the 3 titles I don't own on DCC/Audio Fidelity CD.

Quote:
I'm looking into the 45 box set that's being released soon. Great names on the remaster and The Doors just begs for wax.

You can get the individual records for $100 less and they are available now. People are raving about the sound on these releases.

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Looks like my Doors collection on the Clip... except yours is missing The WASP for some strange reason...
beerchug.gif

Thanks for pointing out the omission. How'd I miss that one? All it took was a drag-and-a-drop and I fixed that hole in my playlist... 
beerchug.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #11 of 11
True, but if someone else is buying it for me... :D

Quote:
I just ordered the debut album on DCC gold CD. Hopefully the SACD isn't too much better. I decided I'm going with the SACDs for the 3 titles I don't own on DCC/Audio Fidelity CD.

You can get the individual records for $100 less and they are available now. People are raving about the sound on these releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back