The decline of the power guitar solos
Aug 12, 2016 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
Back in the older days of popular music, people loved the great guitar players. Many pop songs had powerful guitar solos. The electrifying guitar solo was a common thing in many popular songs.

These days with popular music, there is an absence of the electrifying guitar solos. The powerful guitar solos have declined.

Here is an old Michael Jackson pop song with an electrifiying guitar solo at the 3:10 mark.

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0[/VIDEO]

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #10 of 14
  I already know most of those bands. I am looking for newer bands.

Alrighty! I will go through my music collection, select tracks with my favorite guitar solos, look up the best streams to embed, specify the sections with the guitarwork, and share them on this thread. No promises on when, but hopefully sometime in the next week. I won't limit it to any genre or time period. You may already know some of the songs, but definitely not most.

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #11 of 14

Alrighty! I will go through my music collection, select tracks with my favorite guitar solos, look up the best streams to embed, specify the sections with the guitarwork, and share them on this thread. No promises on when, but hopefully sometime in the next week. I won't limit it to any genre or time period. You may already know some of the songs, but definitely not most.

This century. In "Beat It" by Michael Jackson above, everybody knows that's Eddie Van Halen. I want to know newer electric guitar masters. I already know a lot from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.

Aug 13, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #13 of 14

Many have found the blatant male machismo presented to be offensive in modern times. Just the fact that it's a show of male sexuality has been deamed too much for the liberal types in control of the TV and CD manufacturing plants.

The new male unisex fashion will thus complete the level of de-genderazation of the masses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back