A/B Comparisons - iems, buds, cans, daps, and more - Tips & Impressions
May 16, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #242 of 396
144. 7hz timeless vs raptgo hook-x (W):

Timeless: more sub-bass, airier, wider soundstage, leaner mids, leaner treble, more height, better layering.

Hook-x: better bass, more natural, smoother, more forward mids, better bass/mids/treble balance.

Both iems have the planar sharpness, but the hook-x has less of it.

May 20, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #243 of 396
145. unique melody mest mk2 (W) vs campfire audio solaris se:

Mest mk2: tighter bass, a little wider soundstage, better imaging, sharper treble, a little clearer, better female vocals, better layering, more natural, more emotional.

Solaris se: more forward mids, more bass, louder background detail, more sub-bass, takes less power, but more sibilance, it has that campfire metallic sound.

May 24, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #244 of 396
146. lotoo paw s1 (W) vs hiby fc3:

Paw s1: more bass, more natural, smoother treble, better background detail, clearer, fuller notes, more musical. It also has 4.4mm, a screen, and a play/pause button that the fc3 does not have.

Fc3: leaner mids, wider soundstage, more transparent, more expansive.

I was looking for the cheapest usb dongle with physical volume keys so that I can plug it into my laptop. The fc3 was it, and it’s great for the price (I think I paid $26), even if the s1 does beat it in most areas.

May 26, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #245 of 396
147. chord mojo 2 vs ibasso dx320 w/ amp13 (W):

Mojo 2: leaner mids, tighter bass, better instrument separation, a little clearer, more transparent.

Dx320: more bass, smoother treble, wider soundstage, airier, better background detail, fuller notes, better layering, more natural.

Although the dx320 does edge the mojo 2 out in many areas, the performance of the two are quite close.

May 29, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #246 of 396
109. campfire audio andromeda 2020 (W) vs etymotic evo:

Andromeda 2020: more transparent, clearer, more expansive, with a wider soundstage, more bass, more height, airier, smoother mids, more lively, better imaging, better layering, takes less power, but hisses a bit.

Evo: more forward mids, a little sharper treble, thinner mids, tighter bass, flatter, better instrument separation, clearer background detail, more natural, better vocals.
@ss2625 which of the two do you think they expresses better with the EDM genre?
i listen to darksynth and synthwave and i need something that makes me feel synths in my brain, i'm not an excessive bass head, i like deep, tight and textured bass, i hate bloated bass without control.

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #247 of 396
which of the two do you think they expresses better with the EDM genre?
i listen to darksynth and synthwave and i need something that makes me feel synths in my brain, i'm not an excessive bass head, i like deep, tight and textured bass, i hate bloated bass without control.
I'm going to guess from memory that the andro2020 is better for EDM overall, especially since there really isn't that much bass on the EVO.
However, the EVO is $250 new at adorama right now, so you might want to factor that in ^^

(https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...research_er_multi3_evo_3_driver_earphone.html - click on "Tell me more")

May 30, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #249 of 396
146. lotoo paw s1 (W) vs hiby fc3:

Paw s1: more bass, more natural, smoother treble, better background detail, clearer, fuller notes, more musical. It also has 4.4mm, a screen, and a play/pause button that the fc3 does not have.

Fc3: leaner mids, wider soundstage, more transparent, more expansive.

I was looking for the cheapest usb dongle with physical volume keys so that I can plug it into my laptop. The fc3 was it, and it’s great for the price (I think I paid $26), even if the s1 does beat it in most areas.
Where did you get the FC3 for that price? It's currently selling at $60.

May 30, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #250 of 396
Hello i really appreciate this thread for its comparisons i wanted to know how the mest mk2 compares to the monarch mk2 and variations
Thanks!
As to the comparisons, i don't own the iems anymore, so i have to go on memory.
My order of preference is monarch mk2 > mest mk2 > variations.
The monarch mk2 is a good all-rounder, with good timbre. However, its fit is not for everyone.
The mest mk2 is leaner than the monarch, while the variations has too much bass for me, even though I like its mids and treble.
Hope this helps!

May 30, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #252 of 396
I'm going to guess from memory that the andro2020 is better for EDM overall, especially since there really isn't that much bass on the EVO.
However, the EVO is $250 new at adorama right now, so you might want to factor that in ^^

(https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...research_er_multi3_evo_3_driver_earphone.html - click on "Tell me more")
They do not ship to Italy.

I think I will choose Andromeda 2020 even if I tried Campfire's Holocene and I didn't like the consistency of the low end, it made the typical BA fart bass feel too much already at medium volumes, I hope Andromeda is not like that too

May 30, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #253 of 396
They do not ship to Italy.

I think I will choose Andromeda 2020 even if I tried Campfire's Holocene and I didn't like the consistency of the low end, it made the typical BA fart bass feel too much already at medium volumes, I hope Andromeda is not like that too
Ah sad. Well, at least the andro2020 won't have bloated bass. Hope you enjoy them ^^

May 30, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #254 of 396
148. ibasso dx320 w/ amp13 (W) vs ibasso dx170:

Dx320: more sub-bass, airier, better layering, better bass, wider soundstage, more natural, better background detail, more expansive, more height.

Dx170: leaner mids, sharper treble, a little harsher overall.

The dx320 is superior in most areas, but the difference is not so much as their price difference suggests. I would say that the dx170 gets around 80% of the sound quality of the dx320.

May 31, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #255 of 396
Thanks!
As to the comparisons, i don't own the iems anymore, so i have to go on memory.
My order of preference is monarch mk2 > mest mk2 > variations.
The monarch mk2 is a good all-rounder, with good timbre. However, its fit is not for everyone.
The mest mk2 is leaner than the monarch, while the variations has too much bass for me, even though I like its mids and treble.
Hope this helps!
Much obliged in the sub bass region is the monarch close to the variations or can it be eqed to be so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back