The Coincident Dynamo SE 34Mk. II
Mar 8, 2018 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Stereomojo

Member of the Trade
coincident_dynamo.jpg
Hey guys. Doing a search, I see no mention of this gem anywhere. And it should be mentioned. At $1,499, it's a steal as a headphone amp. But it's actually sold as (and reviewed as) an integrated speaker amp. First, it's gorgeous. All mirror polished stainless steel. 8 watts per channel as a triode speaker amp, but the hp output is not a cheesy opamp, but rather runs off the main amp. At 2+ wpc. It will drive anything but 'stats.

I haven't published my review yet. I know, I should have posted and said "go read my review", but I don't play those games. Stereomojo is very much a value, bang-for-the-buck oriented publication. And we are very community proactive as well, so that's why I'm giving you this heads up. There are other reviews. Jeff Dorgay at Tone said he preferred it over a $20,000 Nagra as an amp. Pretty strong. Very little mention as a hp amp though. Which is the problem. I'll go deeper into that aspect.

I will tell you that I bought the review sample, which is very rare. I'm using it as hp amp and I have other more expensive boxes sitting around that are very highly regarded here. I'd never say "go out and buy it", it's always about your ears. What I am saying is that it ought to part of the conversation.

Downside? it's not balanced. No remote control.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back