The Central CT Headphone/Rootbeer Meet
Dec 30, 2002 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
Well we just had the CC meet. It grew to three folks. Lextek, Dark wolf and Grancasa. we had a couple of META's, MG Head, CMOY, HD600 w/Cardas, MX500 (the suprise of the meet),Clou Blue, Grad SR60, Ety 4P/S and a vibrating Radio Shack. We really overwelmed Darkwolf/Zack with the different amps and phones. We really had a great time. Next time we hope for more guest and I should have the Melos Golden Boy. Hoping for a visit from some Corda's.
I sent Darkwolf home with a JMT Penguin to try. "welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet". Everybody wants an iPod.
Did I mention the rootbeer. Well we had a wide choice. Stewarts and Virgils ranked tops. So this is the first official headphone/rootbeer meet. The East leads the way. Here are some shots:

http://homepage.mac.com/lextek/PhotoAlbum38.html

Dec 30, 2002 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 13
had no idea
confused.gif

Maybe next time guys . lookslike fun

Rick

Dec 30, 2002 at 1:48 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
had no idea
confused.gif

Maybe next time guys . lookslike fun

Rick

Now that you know the secret handshake. Plan on a few weeks from now. We should have a few more goodies. Would love to hear those Alesandros with the Melos.... You are more than welcome.

Dec 30, 2002 at 4:55 AM Post #5 of 13
Lextek,

That looks like a blast.I'm glad you guys were able to incorporate Root Beer in your meet.I plan to do the same with the next Chicago Meet.

That wood face plate of the MG Head looks cool.

Jan 15, 2003 at 6:20 AM Post #7 of 13
That faceplate was made by Lextek. I believe it is some kind of African wood. I'll take some close ups when I get back home in a few weeks.

Lextek, you've got to show us the pics of your new Melos with the new faceplate. I'll be by to take a listen in a few weeks.

Jan 15, 2003 at 10:54 AM Post #8 of 13
The faceplate on Grancasa's MG is made from Bubinga. The Melos sports a Bolivian Rosewood. I made another one out of Bocote, almost looked like tigerr stripes. I prefered the Rosewood. The next mini-meet is shaping up pretty nice. There will be a cople of more folks. There may be some higher end grado and/or Sony headphones, Corda HA-1 and maybe a Gilmore. Time will tell.

Jan 15, 2003 at 9:07 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by bubbaj
Lextek

Ety Eater?
Tell me it isn't so!

Yup. To the tune of $160 for replacements. Good thing he's cute.

You interested in the next mini-meet?

Jan 19, 2003 at 2:10 AM Post #12 of 13
Hey, this is really shaping up. If we get a regular crowd going, we should come up with a name for the crew.
cool.gif

Well, just a thought anyway. It also looks like I'll also need to get more of that root beer I told Lex about than I thought, but that's fine, it's only $1 a bottle.

Jan 19, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #13 of 13
I guess this is getting serious. Let's get an idea of who is interested. I'll do another thread. It may be a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back