The Audeze LCD 2 are coming!
Mar 23, 2015 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

LarryRup

New Head-Fier
and of course I am nervous. I've not listened to them.   I could not justify the LCD3.  Generally the boards say better by maybe 20-30 percent, for a lot more  price.  I couldn't do it.  The LCD X was seriously considered but did not like all the metal. The wood looks good....shouldn't be important but what can I say.  Can't believe a major purchase and they are not the HD800's!

Now, will my amps handle them well enough?  One is only in the hundreds of mille amps.  The other is 1 and 1/4 watts.  The Audeze site does actually address power and suggests at least 2 watts.  What I hope helps is that they are tubed.  I do not know the technical aspects of tubes, but I have a tubed integrated amp for my speakers, and  I used Triode mode with power at 35 watts and it is powerful and sounds great.  Almost like tube power actually can be lower yet play like it is higher.  I likely don't know what the hell I'm writing about, but that is the perception.

I'm excited.   Now thinking of excuses for the wife of needing a new amp.   That should go over real well.

Regards,

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back