The AirHead/BitHead Replacement?????
Jan 3, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #46 of 53
USB provides 5 volts and AAAs provide 1.5 volts each, how much power do we need? Since the BH can run totally on 1 additional volt, perhaps a small reserve power source (that can just augment the power provided with good filtering) would be in order. While the bithead isn't the best amp that could help tell the difference between sufficient power, USB powered to my 580, it sounded as good as with the AAAs. Some sort of rechargeable to augment the power need would be better than dealing with AAAs for sure.

Jan 4, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #47 of 53
As a follow-up to my message this morning, HeadRoom notes:
Quote:

No batteries are required; simply leave the power switch off and the Total BitHead filters, re-regulates, and runs of the computers USB power bus.

If this isn't clean enough and 1v more isn't needed, perhaps investing on more power filtering would be sensible instead of offering batteries.

Jan 4, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #49 of 53
I understand that, but currently there's a airhead and bithead. For the airhead, take the space used by the DAC and put in a DC input and add batteries for portable use. If that makes the unit too big to fit in the bithead case, it might be time to divorce the products from one another.

Jan 4, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #51 of 53
Good point about the 9V.

The question is, how much voltage and amperage is necessary for good mobile sound?

Jan 4, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #52 of 53
One suggestion that I have is to not have the inputs/outputs on the corners of the amp and have them on the center like other portable amps. Connecting to an ipod is just weird

Jan 4, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #53 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One suggestion that I have is to not have the inputs/outputs on the corners of the amp and have them on the center like other portable amps. Connecting to an ipod is just weird

I agree. While I think it's probably fine at that size and weight, if it was any bigger it would be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back