Thank You Head-Fi!!!
Sep 9, 2008 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mizuvo

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone!!

Just wanna say thank you all for a tremendous amount of info and knowledge that took almost 3 whole months of reading. lol!

I wanted to get a good set of IEM after I felt that those that came with the Ipod were lacking. Walk into Best Buy here in the states and bought the sure SE110s. Sounded quite a bit better than the stock earphones. Then saw the many choices available at the apple store including Ultimate Ears and such so I decided to find some info on the online boards coz thats what I do when it comes to my cars...

Guess what!! I found Head-Fi and have been stuck here ever since.

After all the reading.. finally got my portable set up ready. It took a long time to find enough lossless songs because all I had were MP3s that I "downloaded" off the web.

Ipod Lossless -> Lod -> Ibasso D3 -> SE530

Chose the SE530 because of the excellent reviews about its good bass as well as being pretty solid everywhere else. Ability to buy them discounted also played a part. Was considering between the SE530, UE TF10s and SA6s. I will probably try the rest out when I have the funds but right now the SE530 is more than fine.

The amp was pretty easy. Wanted the Pico. Couldn't pay for the Pico yet(good thing coz Im still in line). So I was about to buy the D2 Boa when Ibasso came out with the D3. Thought I should give this a try with initial good reviews. Was not dissappointed at all.

Lod was from Fender27(i think) off ebay. THANKS!!

Have to now work on the home set up.

I haven't heard music like this except for my dad's home theatre room back in Malaysia. He is a high end audiophile but doesnt do headphones/IEMs. Solid system but I have a preference for IEMs because keep the music in and the noise out, both for me and those around me. And the fact that I cannot afford a half decent speaker systema that would fall into audiophilie category.

Thats it for now. I will post some pics when I get hold of a camera. I read alot and post little... so I'll get back to my reading.... only this time I have my D3 hooked up to the laptop and the SE530 in my ears !!
dt880smile.png

Thanks Again guys and good bye to my wallet!!!

Calvin

Sep 9, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #2 of 3
I am sure I didn't contribute anything yet, but it sure is glad to see a happy man. I just bought some sennheiser cx500 myself and I very happy with them.

Enjoy your music!!

Sep 9, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #3 of 3
I would have to thank these forums too from learning too much in reading through them.
Oh and I love the community contributing to the sale section too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back