Take Gigapixel Pictures with your Digital Camera and soon DSLR!
Jan 24, 2009 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

xtreme4099

Headphoneus Supremus
Gigapan Systems Online - YouTube Video Tutorial 3

I'm blown away, and its totally affordable .. 279.00 intro price for the digital camera version with a DSLR version soon to follow.

Its a little robot that you can set and forgot to stitch up a panaroma for you with software provided.

You can upload your giga pictures to their site to boot.

GigaPan Systems: Beta Imager (Normally $379.00; Beta Price $279.00)

Too bad my Canon SD800IS is toast ... course thats also an excuse to maybe make an entry into DSLR land ... hah .. die wallet!

Jan 24, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 7
windows live photo gallery does the same thing, but you have to take the photos manually.. mind you it is free

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 7
its the same idea ..but this does it on a massive scale...and works with the software to integrate all the pictures to make it look seamless.... stiching together 200-400+ pictures for one super picture ... then you get the idea ...

1.5gigapixel, look at the recent obama inauguration picture for an example of the amazing detail.

gigapan: President Barack Obama's Inaugural Address by David Bergman

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #5 of 7
Jan 26, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you think that's crazy, you should check this one out: 13 Gigapixel photo of Harlem, NY! It is sooooooooooo awesome!

Jeepers, now that really is something! Thanks for the link.
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #7 of 7
Very interesting product.

Those tutorial videos are painful to watch, though. The videos basically assume you've never used a digital camera before. Which is all fine and good except I don't believe this product is targeted for beginner photographers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back