Revised : 2-17-2022

Dac :

RME ADI 2. FS

Questyle Master 12

TEAC UD-505

Amplifier :

Ferrrum Oor

-
Box : Impressive..... Well designed...... Big.

Cables : (2)......one is SE and one is your choice of a XLR or 4.4mm . Mine is the XLR.. The cables are nice.... somewhat thick, rubberized, feel good, and are not microphonic.

Build Quality : Headphones are impressive. (German engineering never fails.).... There is some plastic but mostly the frame is metal. Headband adjustment is similar to the Diana TC., and slightly better.

Comfort : Headband is comfortable very thick pad... Cups are nice and fairly deep, ears do not touch drivers. Weight of headphones feels modest, not heavy. Pads are soft and comfortable.

Ive now tested the Solitaire P-SE with all genres of music that will examine their Treble, Soundstage, Low End extension, Midrange width, and overall Tonality & Timbre.

-----------

Headphones, sonically speaking.....are.... no matter the price, no matter the QC or the material used, = at the mercy of the EARS that have designed their sound using Tech . And So, i have to applaud the German Ears who developed the sound of the T+A Solitaire P-SE.
Whomever designed the SP-SE's has spent many years with Audiophile gear and understands what "audiophile ears" want to hear.
Which is..

1.)Tonal Accuracy
2.) Instrument Separation
3.) Extreme Detail Retrieval
4.) Leading Edge Textual Nuance
5.) Authentic Bass that is Layered and Extended.
6.) Midrange that is vast, musical, and articulate
7.) Treble, that is extended, non-fatiguing, and precise.
8.) Soundstage that is wide, deep, beautiful.
9.) Micro Details which are class leading.
10.) Macro impact, that is among the best.

&. ...Timbre : CLEAN.

So.... listening to the SP-SE's. I have discovered that they are musical, very detailed, seemingly fatigue free, insightful, FR extended, and just very pleasant to hear.

Ive never heard headphones that are created to offer this particular sound.
It is unique to this gear. I can't really even ballpark the tone or FR, by saying...>"sort of like the Susvara", or "has those Audeze mids".
It doesn't sound like any other headphone(s) experience, ive ever heard.

What is so different about it, is the way it isolates all parts of the music, ...you could say... "instrument separation" or "sound field"....but its more than that... Its the way this SP-SE's isolate everything that is happening in the MIX, revealing it all as a total musical cohesive examination.
There is an overall dynamic precision combined with neutrality and warmth.
The SP-SE's are very resolving. They offer a rich and revealing sound that lets you experience the music, deep into the mix.

My initial concern was that the bass might be recessed, based on the scant reviews i found online that suggest that this was the case.
Well, Nothing could be farther from the truth, as the SP-SE's Bass is very extended, very detailed, and allows you to feel it.
Now, something to consider is that im using a Ferrum Amp that is designed to run the Susvara.....so, this amp is power on steroids and offers a touch of warmth and depth, but overall there is a warmth and richness to the Solitaire's sound that shines through no matter which Dac/Amp i paired them with.......the warmth and the richness was always a defining signature, regarding their sound.

The SP-SE's Treble is precision and revelation. Its pristine and very extended yet not etched or harsh.
The midrange is filled with insight, detail retrieval, and is not pushed forward or aggressive.
Bass is significant, and very detailed.
Soundstage is immersive.
INstrument Separation is class leading.
Detail retrieval is among best in class
Listening Fatigue can happen because you keep wanting to turn it up, which is the mark of a very low distortion / clean sound.

What i have i discovered is that the sound of the Solitaire is both rich and natural, articulate and balanced.
The SP-SE's Timbre has a touch of warmth, that sweetens its overall analytical FR.

Timbre : Neutral Elegant

Final Analysis
:

This Flagship is designed to produce a rich and balance and deeply insightful listening experience as its sound.
Its comfortable, well designed and crafted, and sounds beautiful.

Overall TONE : Full low end, rich midrange, and analytical yet sweet Treble. This headphone qualifies as a terrific "All Arounder"

Bonus Trk : The Headphone cups rotate freely, and this is one of the best "self adjusting" cup designs you'll ever wear.

--
-

DSC00011.JPG
DSC00008.JPG
DSC00007.JPG

=

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 5
it's a very strange journey. i saw a good price from a listing on US audiomart. after a few email exchanges, we struck a deal but strangely paypal was not working between us, despite both of us were regular paypal users. we then agreed to wire $ instead and the seller sent the package by usps quickly. i got the package after about 3 weeks and happily unboxing on that day but was met with a very big surprise - the box is empty!

i contacted the seller right away and was again surprised that he told me he forgot to put the headphones and xlr cable back in the box before shipping! he shipped again to me promptly but this time the package stuck in transit a few times for no obvious reasons. it last stopped in a transition stop for 2 weeks without updates. i thought it was lost yet again - another surprise! i got my p-se and xlr cable today finally!!!

i bought the solitaire T wireless overears at the beginning of this year. i was quite impressed with the sound and features of SoIT but was a bit disappointed that it wasn't made in germany. then i saw the p-se listing at a quite reasonable price so i went for it without demo. i'm now on my 1st hour listening only but already deeply impressed by p-se! it's so much more expansive yet comparably detailed comparing with utopia 2022 i got last month. it's a great product but very strangely comes with very small amount of attention and discussion in head-fi.

Attachments

• original_e1df42f0-f601-4fd0-8896-eb1539708b26_20230927_184305.jpg
    original_e1df42f0-f601-4fd0-8896-eb1539708b26_20230927_184305.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • original_fe61c003-f268-46d8-a2de-2f48bd24023e_20230927_184312.jpg
    original_fe61c003-f268-46d8-a2de-2f48bd24023e_20230927_184312.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230821_203944.jpg
    20230821_203944.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #3 of 5
it's a very strange journey. i saw a good price from a listing on US audiomart. after a few email exchanges, we struck the deal but strangely paypal was not working between us, despite both of us were regularly paypal users. we then agreed to wire $ instead and the seller sent the package by usps quickly. i got the package after about 3 weeks and happily unboxing on that day but was met with a very big surprise - the box is empty!

i contacted the seller again and was again surprised that he told me he forgot to put back the headphones and xlr cable back in the box before shipping! he shipped again to me promptly but this time the package stuck in transit a few times for no obvious reasons. it last stopped in a transition stop for 2 weeks without updates. i thought it was lost yet again - another surprise! i got my p-se and xlr cable finally!!!

i bought the solitaire T wireless overears at the beginning of this year. i was quite impressed with the sound and features of SoIT but was a bit disappointed that it wasn't made in germany. then i saw the p-se listing at a quite reasonable price so i went for it without demo. i'm now on my 1st hour listening only but already deeply impressed by p-se! it's so much more expansive yet comparably detailed comparing with utopia 2022 i got last month. it's a great product but very strangely comes with very small amount of attention and discussion in head-fi.

Yes, its a good gear.
Comfy, attractive, well made, rich sounding.

Id say that if the reader is just not finding solace and solitude in these brands...

Audeze
Hifiman
ZMF
Sennheiser

The the T+A SE might be what you are hoping to hear.

Oct 6, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #4 of 5
after over a week of listening, i found i enjoyed the solitaire p-se much more than utopia 2022 i bought last month. p-se (on the stock xlr cable) is much more pleasant to enjoy for an extended period than the exciting/energetic sounding utopia 2022 (on the stock 3.5mm SE cable) for me. i also compared against my yh-5000se and it's quite clear to me the cheaper p-se is better sounding to me too. a shame t+a's overeras are not more popular.

Oct 6, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 5
after over a week of listening, i found i enjoyed the solitaire p-se much more than utopia 2022 i bought last month. p-se (on the stock xlr cable) is much more pleasant to enjoy for an extended period than the exciting/energetic sounding utopia 2022 (on the stock 3.5mm SE cable) for me. i also compared against my yh-5000se and it's quite clear to me the cheaper p-se is better sounding to me too. a shame t+a's overeras are not more popular.

Its a very good set of headphones.
I also like the YH-5000se, but its a totally different sonic presentation.

Both are very good, but, not all ears like the same sound. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back